Where to go with toddler and in laws!?

(7 Posts)
matilda101 Wed 08-May-13 20:28:42

We've just booked a week in Cornwall through harbour holidays - they do long weekends as well I think. There are 6 adults, a 6 month old and a 15 month old. There are only 3 rooms but they're all doubles-we'll just have to share with our 15 month old!! It's got a living room as well as open plan kitchen/living/dining room and a big garden. It's in padstow and £650 for the week which I didn't think was too bad. When we looked at getting a cottage with 4 rooms the price went up significantly so it might be worth thinking about sharing with thd toddler, especially as its only got a long weekend.

lovelyredwine Wed 08-May-13 20:28:08

Centre parks. Loads of stuff to do and you can spend some time apart every day if needed as there are baby, toddler, adult things to do.

jennimoo Wed 08-May-13 20:28:05

BIL has said that even the New Forest might be a bit far from London. And we'd be travelling from Hampshire with a toddler so York area is a little far.
Glam ping would be fab but PIL would not be up for that!

nilbyname Wed 08-May-13 20:21:14

Centre parks
New forest glamping?

41notTrendy Wed 08-May-13 20:19:18

How about forest lodges? I think there are some in the Forest of Dean.

jennimoo Wed 08-May-13 20:15:17

We're considering trying to book a (long?) weekend with family before the school holidays, but I can't see it happening as there's so much 'needed':
1) 3 couples and 1 toddler so 4 rooms
2) Brother and sister in law need a little 'space' seperate apartment/caravan perhaps...
3) They also want to be able to get there fairly quickly on the train from London
4) The rest of us can travel by car and come from Hampshire and Warwickshire.
5) Parents in law have 'high standards' when I comes to quality of accommodation (but not necessarily budget...)

Anyone suggest any areas which might work? I'd love to sort something but no idea where to start...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now