please help someone very worried

(12 Posts)
xdezirx Sun 05-May-13 21:39:46

I have had a letter from health services offering an appointment for my childs 2 1/2 year review. Can someone please tell me if they have had this and is it just general with any child or children that have had involvement with social services in the past? any advice would be mosy grateful x

With the health visitor? Everyone gets one - no need to panic!

xdezirx Sun 05-May-13 22:30:25

Hi There thanks for getting back to me. So it's defenatly not to do with social services making any referral? it's scared the life out of me coz I was involved with ss over a year ago everything went ok and i've got on with my life with my little girl an partner without their involvment which ended just after her first birthday. I feel so sick about this x

cocolepew United States Sun 05-May-13 22:32:40

I think its just the health visitor as well, checking hearing, weight etc.

Hassled Sun 05-May-13 22:33:11

Really - it's a standard developmental check thing. Relax.

DiscoDonkey Sun 05-May-13 22:33:58

All children get an appointment for a 2 year check with the health visitor. It's nothing sinister.

Pascha Sun 05-May-13 22:35:47

Check the Red Book, It's in there as just a normal developmental check. Every child is offered one. My letter came a week or two ago to make an appointment.

jkklpu Sun 05-May-13 22:37:21

It's general and, in lots of areas, it doesn't happen until the child's nearly 3 because they're overstretched.

xdezirx Sun 05-May-13 22:59:15

oh thank you so much everyone for getting back to me xxx

xdezirx Sun 05-May-13 23:03:56

I feel better now thankyou. they sent a confirmation letter of my appointment with an ASQ-3 questionare to fill in. There's other questionares with older children the ASQ-SE one. Has anyone had that one?

My little boy is only 18 months old but I definitely had a questionnaire to fill in from the health visitor before his 1 year check.

Honestly - I think it's just standard stuff.

unebagpipe Mon 06-May-13 18:30:24

Just standard. We had ours nearer to 3 as local area overstretched. Never any ss involvement so definitely not that. Chance for you to raise questions too. Really very useful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now