Cornwall

(7 Posts)
DeepRedBetty Thu 09-May-13 17:29:09

yy to Godrevy!

Paradise Park in Hayle is a delightful small zoo, main focus on parrots, with a very handy softplay barn thrown in.

thewalrus Thu 09-May-13 17:27:04

4 days in St Ives area sounds great - depending on your activity levels/interests, St Ives itself (shopping, eating, beaches), a day at Sennen (including walk to Lands End) - possibly on open top bus which runs from St Ives to Penzance and is great. Porthcurno/Logan Rock is lovely (and has Minack Theatre if you like theatre). Lots of amazing (if tiring) walking to be done in Penwith. Lizard peninsula is a bit of a drive from St Ives, but lovely. Gwithian (beach) and Godrevy Lighthouse... Getting to be too much stuff, isn't it!

gettingaway Sun 05-May-13 20:51:10

Yes thanks fumbles. I will investigate these smile

FumblesandFrolics Sun 05-May-13 19:53:40

I come from the end of Cornwall that St Ives is in.

Places to visit are plentiful - lands end, the Lizard peninsula, St Michaels Mount, Sennen Cove are all beautiful and not far away.

Eden project is worth a visit and Flambards is popular if you like theme parks. I also love the lost gardens of Heligan.

Is that enough?

gettingaway Sun 05-May-13 18:15:33

Haven't decided yet! Was thinking about going and seeing some beautiful places. I didn't thnk wold do all of it in 3-4 days. Just two or three spots. Just as an example went to Wales last year and saw portmerion, snowdon, and Beaumaris. Was thinking of doing same.

givemeaclue Sun 05-May-13 17:50:27

Takes a long time to get around cornwall, where are yet staying?

gettingaway Sun 05-May-13 17:23:01

What are the must see places? And how best to utilise 4 days there? So far I only know about st Ives which I have wanted to visit for a long time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now