Cornwall

(7 Posts)
gettingaway Sun 05-May-13 17:23:01

What are the must see places? And how best to utilise 4 days there? So far I only know about st Ives which I have wanted to visit for a long time.

givemeaclue Sun 05-May-13 17:50:27

Takes a long time to get around cornwall, where are yet staying?

gettingaway Sun 05-May-13 18:15:33

Haven't decided yet! Was thinking about going and seeing some beautiful places. I didn't thnk wold do all of it in 3-4 days. Just two or three spots. Just as an example went to Wales last year and saw portmerion, snowdon, and Beaumaris. Was thinking of doing same.

FumblesandFrolics Sun 05-May-13 19:53:40

I come from the end of Cornwall that St Ives is in.

Places to visit are plentiful - lands end, the Lizard peninsula, St Michaels Mount, Sennen Cove are all beautiful and not far away.

Eden project is worth a visit and Flambards is popular if you like theme parks. I also love the lost gardens of Heligan.

Is that enough?

gettingaway Sun 05-May-13 20:51:10

Yes thanks fumbles. I will investigate these smile

thewalrus Thu 09-May-13 17:27:04

4 days in St Ives area sounds great - depending on your activity levels/interests, St Ives itself (shopping, eating, beaches), a day at Sennen (including walk to Lands End) - possibly on open top bus which runs from St Ives to Penzance and is great. Porthcurno/Logan Rock is lovely (and has Minack Theatre if you like theatre). Lots of amazing (if tiring) walking to be done in Penwith. Lizard peninsula is a bit of a drive from St Ives, but lovely. Gwithian (beach) and Godrevy Lighthouse... Getting to be too much stuff, isn't it!

DeepRedBetty Thu 09-May-13 17:29:09

yy to Godrevy!

Paradise Park in Hayle is a delightful small zoo, main focus on parrots, with a very handy softplay barn thrown in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now