So what's the big deal with Center Parcs????

(3 Posts)
Littlecherublegs Tue 30-Apr-13 22:50:01

My friend raves about it - she goes at least 3 times a year with her hubby & kids and talks about it as though it is the greatest place on earth!

I went with my hubby & kids last month for the first time and must say I found it a bit disappointing. Yes, the accommodation was lovely - modern and fully fitted with everything we needed, and the swimming was good as it was free! But apart from that... everything was very expensive, the restaurants were pretty poor, we got takeaway one night (chinese) which was awful, our apartment was right next to a car park, we spent much of the time avoiding people on bikes, we felt 'captured' in an artifical environment with no escape, oh and it rained (though realise Center Parcs nor any other holiday 'resort' could control that!!).

So, please tell me... what's all the fuss about???? Have I missed something????

blueshoes Tue 30-Apr-13 23:22:10

I agree with your experience. Don't see the attraction myself.
It is soulless.

HarrietSchulenberg Tue 30-Apr-13 23:31:44

I've never seen the attraction of them. I think they're for people who want to play at being outdoors. But I've no doubt a busload of others will be along in a minute to say they're the best thing ever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now