Is there a bus or a coach between windsor and kingston upon thames?

(6 Posts)
threeInnocentsAbroad Tue 30-Apr-13 13:01:33

I am flying into heathrow very early in the morning with two children and I would like to visit a friend in kingston before going to windsor. I see there is a bus / coach from heathrow to kingston. x26. is that a normal bus or a coach? does anybody know?

and then later, is there a coach from kingston to windsor. i know there are trains but you always have to change. when i have children and i am carrying all the bags, i just like to sit down and sit tight 'til we get where we're going!

Thanks in advance!

Rocksie Wed 22-May-13 23:30:38

Hi, I can answer that the X26 is a normal bus not a coach, sorry cant help with Windsor to Kingston - can you google it?

chickydoo Wed 22-May-13 23:38:32

Don't think there is a bus from Kingston to Windsor. Would take ages avoiding the motorways.
I drove to Windsor from Kingston a few weeks ago, took 55 minutes avoiding the motorway. Dread to think how long bus would take. You might be better getting the train.

I think your only option Kingston-Windsor is a taxi or the train -- IIRC (I've had to do that route a few times) it's just one change at Twickenham, which is very painless as changes go.

NatashaBee Thu 23-May-13 01:43:23

Yep, Windsor train goes from twickenham - 281 bus from Kingston to twickenham, stops right outside twick station.

There's also a train from Kingston to Twickenham, though -- or at least there used to be when I was having antenatal appointments with DS. So you hop on train at Kingston, train to Twickenham, cross over platform and get on train to Windsor. Unless they've scrapped that train in the meantime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now