Ideas for a nice day out in London (no children!)

(5 Posts)
whostolethesocks Wed 24-Apr-13 21:58:17

My partner and I are spending a day in London next week for my birthday. Any idea of things to do/see? Not too pricey. I like art/cultural things, walking around, maybe a nice meal out, maybe something a little bit different....Ideas people please!

Have you been to the Wallace Collection?

Fridayschild Sat 27-Apr-13 08:49:58

London Eye is good if you have not done it, but pre book. Then there is a lot of interesting stuff to look at as you wander east on the South Bank. Graze the stalls at Borough Market if your day is Friday.

The restaurant (the actual restaurant, not the cafe) in Tate Britain has a fantastic wine list. It's only open at lunchtime.

whostolethesocks Sun 28-Apr-13 13:32:28

Thanks for the responses. I've done the Eye before. Never been to the Wallace Collection but will look it up. We are going Monday so Borough Market is not open unfortunately.

BeaLola Thu 02-May-13 16:24:21

Love love love The Wallace Collection - my fave museum n London (very near Selfridges - is it Manchester Square ? (have Mummy brain at mo) - especially like having coffee & nibbly in their lovely cafe. Like the Eye too but as someone said pre-book on line - I think if you are going by train they do a 2 for 1 offer outside school holidays.

Boat trip down Thames, lunch at the Chop House - again often offers with Evening Standard etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now