Holiday cottage Northumberland

(17 Posts)
Cocktailsorcakes Thu 18-Apr-13 06:25:06

Hi,

Does anyone have any reccomendations for places to stay in Northumberland?

Needs to sleep 4, have wifi and be 'naice'!!

Thanks all!!

JollyPurpleGiant Thu 18-Apr-13 06:32:45

Have you checked cottages4you? smile

Elfontheedge Thu 18-Apr-13 06:52:06

How about Burnfoot Holiday cottages? We stayed last year and they were lovely.

Kveta Thu 18-Apr-13 08:24:19

or Roses Bower lodge?

bluemagpie Thu 18-Apr-13 08:26:16

Really depends where you fancy staying, near the coast or more inland? North Northumberland or a bit more central?

bluemagpie Thu 18-Apr-13 08:31:47

If you'd like to be by the sea, my top tip is Newton-by-the-sea, it's about the quietest most beautiful beach anywhere. There are quite a few cottages nearby if you google , can't work out linking on my ipad.

Cocktailsorcakes Thu 18-Apr-13 12:32:34

I'm pretty happy going anywhere north of Alnwick.

Yes have been trawling the cottage sites too but would like a personal reccomendation too! smile

NorthumberlandJules Thu 18-Apr-13 13:40:26

We've stayed at 4 different Coquet Cottages over the last few years and every one has been fantastic, they're all the same high quality standard and they have free wi-fi and PS2's and stuff for the kids. The staff are really helpful I usually ring up and ask for recommendations and each time they've been spot on. So far we've stayed at Warkworth (very pretty), Newton by the Sea (great beach and pubs) and Alnwick (nice town). I know a few people who've also booked with them and never heard anything but praise so might be worth you trying them.

cmt1375 Thu 18-Apr-13 13:43:10

http://www.northumbria-cottages.co.uk/cgi-bin/database/pas.cgi?code=MARIE we have stayed here and it was fab

cmt1375 Thu 18-Apr-13 13:43:39
stickylittlefingers Thu 18-Apr-13 13:46:02

we stayed here a few years ago, it was lovely. I think it ticks the "naice" box smile It was quiet, there was a pub up the road for walking to, otherwise you'd need a car.

stickylittlefingers Thu 18-Apr-13 13:49:14

and we stayed here last year, gorgeous place - tennis courts and every fink! Actually I'm not sure the first place I linked to had wifi, as it was not something we'd have thought about at that stage. This place did - though it could be a bit slow, in being a bit out in the wilds...

CocktailQueen Thu 18-Apr-13 13:50:10

http://www.berwickholidaycottages.co.uk/sea-house-cottage.htm

How about this one? We stayed last May half term and are going back again this year smile Lovely owners, 2 mins walk from beach, fab views, Aga (so naice!), lovely inside smile

NorthumberlandJules Thu 18-Apr-13 13:50:44

I've just looked up the links for the cottages we stayed at which I thought might be helpful, save you trawling round, Sunny Cottage Leaholme Cottage and Percy St Our kids loved Sunny Cottage best (stayed twice), OH loved Leaholme bestf but that was cos he thought the Ship Inn was the best pub he'd ever been in!

stickylittlefingers Thu 18-Apr-13 13:51:18

ha ha, the review on it there is by my Mum! I am one of the children (nearly 40!!) who ran the Kielder marathon. I guess we stay kids to our parents wink

3nationsfamily Thu 18-Apr-13 16:35:32

In the Keilder area we stayed here Falstone Barns it was very luxurious and the owners very friendly. Ideal for Keilder forest area.
For more access to the coastal area we stayed here Chatton PArk which was great- really comfortable and large, lots of nice pubs/ restaurants around and we went along the coast every day. Great holidays!

Cocktailsorcakes Thu 18-Apr-13 17:42:11

You are all brilliant!!

Lots of links for me to look at tonight!!

Thanks one and all!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now