center parcs - do you really need to book everything in advance?

(8 Posts)
DiscoDonkey Mon 08-Apr-13 18:28:59

Apart from bikes we never book anything in advance. We always eat out at lunchtime rather than dinner time as it's quieter, then we go swimming in the evening whilst everyone else is eating out so the pool isn't crowded.

malteserzz Mon 08-Apr-13 18:27:20

I'd book anything you are desperate to do then see how it goes for the rest. We really enjoy things like badminton and table tennis as a family and theyre much cheaper bowling

PicaK Mon 08-Apr-13 17:47:29

Out of season i've found that restaurants do get booked up for early on in the evening but you can usually get in later on (unless there's an event).

Bowling is usually available - we tend to book in the morning tho. I'd never just rock up.

bluesky Mon 08-Apr-13 16:02:53

the spa does get booked up, as there are lots of people there on spa day breaks etc

keep having a look at the spaces available as you get nearer to your trip, you may find some slots disappearing quite quickly, and some staying wide open.

outside of school holidays you are generally OK for activities.

some of the more popular restaurants do get booked up on the early sitting, which is when the majority of people with young children want to eat, so harder to get a table at 6pm, than say 8pm I've found.

lyndie Mon 08-Apr-13 16:00:16

Try going last minute for spa treatments they sometimes do offers if you book on the day.

hazelnutlatte Mon 08-Apr-13 15:57:38

Fab thank you, that's the answer I wanted to hear!

Chubfuddler Mon 08-Apr-13 14:44:44

In a word no. Have been several times in high season, restaurants are never full, activities always available. They're just trying to guarantee revenue by encouraging early bookings.

hazelnutlatte Mon 08-Apr-13 14:43:05

including restaurants, bowling etc? We are going in September, outside of school holidays and want a relaxing break. We are not planning on doing much in the way of activities but will want to eat out, plus do a few things like bowling, hire pedalos etc. Can we just turn up on the day or does it all get booked up? Apologies for yet another center parcs thread, couldn't see that this had been answered in other threads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now