Driving holyhead to london - where to stop en-route (near Birmingham/ Solihull maybe)?

(9 Posts)
burberryqueen Sun 26-May-13 10:38:07

lol...Telford Services....

DoubleMum Sun 26-May-13 10:36:30

Park in Warwick is probably St Nicholas's Park, it isn't far from the M40,
www.stnicholaspark.co.uk/

Bumping this as I am doing the same drive with 2 3mo olds! We are planning to take it v slow but need to stop at least twice on the way.

DamsonJam Fri 29-Mar-13 00:07:08

Waves to TwlBach (and wonders how you manage without stopping - tho in fairness I never made the drive without children so maybe I could be that hard if I tried! :-)

Fridayfreedom - Hatton Park?

JaydeO91 - thanks - but we take the m40 rather than the M6 and M1 as we're heading to southwest of london.

Thanks very much for replying - any more ideas gratefully received! :-)

JaydeO91 Thu 28-Mar-13 23:19:34

fridayfreedom hilton park?

JaydeO91 Thu 28-Mar-13 23:17:03

I'm in coventry next to birmigham/solihull. There is corley services has a buger king, kfc, starbucks, papa johns pizza. smile

TwllBach Thu 28-Mar-13 23:05:39

I make the drive all the time <waves excitedly> but I never stop, so, in actual fact, I am of little to no help sad

fridayfreedom Thu 28-Mar-13 22:56:19

Somewhere in Warwick. We used to stop in a big park not far off the Warwick junction on the M40. Sorry can 't be more specific it was a while ago.

DamsonJam Thu 28-Mar-13 22:54:03

Hi - we'll be driving from Holyhead to (near) London in a couple of weeks with 3 children aged 5, 3 and 10 months, and am looking for suggestions of where to stop for an hour or so for something to eat and let the kids stretch their legs. We've done the drive a few times now and have not been impressed by any of the service stops along the motorway so was wondering if anyone here had any bright ideas of family friendly eateries off the motorway (but not too far away). Half way is around the Birmingham area - say between junction 6 on the M42 and junction 15 on the m40. Any mumsnetters local to that area (or used to doing the drive) got any suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now