PGL type family activity holiday with 5 year old

(11 Posts)
LIZS Sat 16-Mar-13 08:06:00

You could look at hotels like Sands Resort and Bedruthan Steps, and the luxury family hotel group. They are aimed at families and organise activities. Or HA has family breaks

Beendonebeen Fri 15-Mar-13 20:11:18

Fantastic thanks! Really really helpful. Are there any more in the uk that people know about? HF holidays look perfect except the dates we would want to go aren't available.

LIZS Fri 15-Mar-13 16:41:48

HF holidayshave family holidays, also the Lakes and Mountains operators like Esprit and Crystal can arrange suitable excursions in alpine resorts if you aren't confident to do one independently and go via tourist office.

givemeaclue Fri 15-Mar-13 16:35:01

Does it have to be in UK? Neilsons do great family activity holidays in Greece and turkey

badguider Thu 14-Mar-13 18:56:33

yes, here you go - europe from £599 www.exodus.co.uk/families I think the andorra one looks great, or the amalfi coast one.

badguider Thu 14-Mar-13 18:53:53

I think exodus do family weeks on many of their holidays - walking in the alps for example.
I have been to the pyrenees and peru with exodus and can't recommend them highly enough - they run their normal holidays but some weeks are 'solos' and i think some weeks are 'family'.

Takver Thu 14-Mar-13 18:51:57

The other advantage over camping/walking on your own is that you get provided with three cooked meals a day that you don't have to wash up, tea and home made cake at regular intervals, and there are two charming young people to think of and arrange alternative activities for your dc if it rains too hard to be outdoors!

Takver Thu 14-Mar-13 18:50:27

I would 100% recommend the Field Studies Council family holidays. We've been on two of them and had a fantastic time at both. We have an only dd, and it was ideal as there were plenty of other children for her to hang out with.

With a 5 y/o you would be limited to the more gentle ones (there's a list here ) though they do more full on rock climbing/snorkelling type ones once your dc are a little older.

Beendonebeen Thu 14-Mar-13 18:43:30

We have got various weeks camping already booked in the summer to go walking as a family but I was thinking of something a bit more organised where he could meet other children if that makes sense

cathpip Thu 14-Mar-13 18:02:22

We have just spent a week in the Lakes walking, our 4 year old managed 4 miles a day (did take a while though!)

Beendonebeen Thu 14-Mar-13 17:58:55

Hi, I would really like to take my 5yo ds on an activity holiday where we can do walking, cycling and meet other families. Does anyone have any suggestions on what you can do at that age? PGL kind of say that that is too young.
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now