Cheap central London hotel/B&B, early May - recomms?

(5 Posts)
Jux Mon 11-Mar-13 01:01:02

DD will be singing at a major concert hall in London. DH has a gig that night so will have the car. I shall go down by train but will have to find somewhere to stay which won't be too far from the venue - Kensington - so dd and I can still catch a tube to wherever we stay, when the show finishes. I don't imagine she'll be out of there before 10, possibly a bit later.

I probably won't have time to go to the hotel to check in first, either. Do you think that will matter?

Any ideas?

MrsPurple Mon 11-Mar-13 02:43:44

We always stay at euston travel lodge, as cheap clean and right next to tube and train station. Plus they do breakfast

Jux Mon 11-Mar-13 09:17:55

Thanks. Euston is good, so is Waterloo. I think we need to be around there, as we would probably want to be south-ish London the next day. I am also considering feasibility of making a weekend of it and going to a show the second night. Might have to look at King's Cross too, but I don't know the area really.

Any idea what time the tubes stop running?

MrsPurple Mon 11-Mar-13 09:45:07

Hi tubes seem to run till about half past midnight and you have the choice of euston or euston square which is about 5 minute walk.
If you subscribe to travel lodge site they usually email when sales on, i've stayed there with dh and dc's for £15 a night for all 4 of us.grin

Jux Mon 11-Mar-13 12:47:10

ATM the cheapest room seems to be £54. Waterloo, Vauxhall, King's Cross at a pinch. Looks like it will have to be a double as they don't seem to have twins! I can't tell if Vauxhall will be open then or not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now