Looking for a place to get pizza/pasta off the M6 (but not in a service station)

(9 Posts)
sashh Tue 16-Apr-13 08:17:34

BOF are you near me then?

BOF Tue 16-Apr-13 07:41:21

Sorry- sausage fingers. We took the dog for a walk there when doing a long drive.

BOF Tue 16-Apr-13 07:40:22

Yes, I was going to suggest Catch Corner. There's a nice parkland walk half a mile down the road too, if you want to stretch your legs (we to

sashh Tue 16-Apr-13 07:32:31

If you come off at J13 and follow the sign to Stafford there is 'catch corner' it is a pub on a comlex with a hotel and couple of other things. It's a Brewers Fayre I think. It is almost on the exit roundabout and I swear is closer to the M6 than a lot of service stations

I've not eaten there, just met relatives who are doing a similar journey to yours.

There's a wacky warehouse attached, which might be useful with little ones in the car.

http://www.fayre-square.com/pub/catch-corner-hopton-stafford/m6923/

CaurnieBred Sun 14-Apr-13 20:33:32

I have the original version of Near the Motorway book. We do use service stations if we need speed but if we fancy lunch or dinner then we tend to use this.

littlemissmagic Mon 11-Mar-13 22:15:45

Thanks so much folks. I will put both of these as options.
Travelling on a Friday so traffic could be nightmare!!

DaveyStott Mon 11-Mar-13 02:56:56

There's a Pizza Hut just off J9, which is about 10 mins north of Brum.

MrsPurple Mon 11-Mar-13 02:39:05

If you can lat till stoke, you could head towards festival patk its about ten minutes off m6 junction.

littlemissmagic Sun 10-Mar-13 22:39:05

We are travelling from Watford to Manchester with 2 kids (5 & 3) for a wedding.

After a shockingly overpriced and tasteless service station meal last time we went, I vowed never again!! We were thinking we could come off the motorway and find a place to eat within around 10 minutes of a motorway junction.

Any recommendations for places off the M6 would be greatly appreciated!!! I suspect we will need dinner after Birmingham.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now