Paignton or Torquay?

(8 Posts)
LitleVern Fri 01-Mar-13 13:48:17

For future reference we have just found a house that is perfect for us with 2 small children check out www.teignmouthtownhouse. Geared up for small children high chair and travel cot included, plus toys and a Little Tikes Play house in the garden. House is brand new and very clean. Public transport is very good - bus stop is just down the road from the house too. Hope you enjoy your holiday!

AngelDog Sun 17-Feb-13 21:09:26

Thanks everyone.

Inspired by your suggestions DH has found somewhere in Paignton overlooking a steam railway - DS1 will be in heaven. smile

Teignmouth is nice - we were there last year for a day.

out2lunch Sun 17-Feb-13 20:46:25

Neither

Isle of.wight

NorbertDentressangle Sun 17-Feb-13 20:41:23

If you are set on that area I would go to Teignmouth.

Much smaller but much more pleasant TBH. Beach is right by the town with toilets, pier, cafes, great park etc nearby

You can still get to Paignton and Torquay from there by train if you really want to go there.

usualsuspect Sun 17-Feb-13 20:37:29

I love Paignton.

Torquay not so much.

BillyBollyDandy Sun 17-Feb-13 20:37:05

Paignton if you don't have a car I would say with small kids. You have a few soft play, great outdoor play area, lots of restaurants, pier, amusements, crazy golf, beach

Torquay is busier, more shops, Sealife Living Coasts, harbour, theatre, but I would go for Paignton with little dc.

Yakshemash Sun 17-Feb-13 20:36:03

Torquay has more drunks, Paignton has more tat. Take your pick.

AngelDog Sun 17-Feb-13 20:34:25

We're trying to decide where to go on holiday in June with a 3.5 y.o. and a 8 m.o., travelling by public transport.

Which is nicer?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now