Isle of Wight Help needed!

(5 Posts)
Merrin Sun 27-Jan-13 08:45:30

Thank you! Got some good ideas to work with now. Looking at West Wight area. The discount card is good!

Annette1 Sat 26-Jan-13 21:45:38

So many great places to stay on the Isle of Wight - if you do go be sure to get an Isle of Wight Tourist Discount Card www.iowtouristcard.com - you can save lots of money during your trip - we did last year - We are so looking forward to going back this year and hope the weather is a bit better this time!!

Arithmeticulous Fri 25-Jan-13 20:00:17

Bonchurch has lovely rock pools but not much sand, there's a couple of cottages there if you Google.

We've stayed in Chantries in Bembridge - beach was 5 min walk and has sand, rockpools, cafe and lifeboat station (and Co-op).

Scallop Shell Cottage and Manor Farm cottage are owned by same person and although £££ and not near a beach, have everything you need baby-equipment wise. I was impressed.

Compton bay is fantastic - sand, surf, pools - but toilets/car park and beach are separated by steep steps.

We've spent a lot of time on what's probably not quite Sandown beach- the non-Shanklin end by the yacht club. Toilets, foot showers, a slope to walk from the car park to a lovely sandy beach. Easier with loads of stuff!

eatyourveg Fri 25-Jan-13 19:46:39

We stayed here one year and here the last time we went. brighstone is a chocolate box village and an easy walk to the beach from the farm and roughly 5-10 minutes longer from the village centre

we have visited both freshwater and seaview - not as busy as shanklin sandown and ventnor but still a bit too crowded for us

Merrin Fri 25-Jan-13 14:29:26

We are hoping to go to the Isle of Wight this summer but I am getting totally confused. Has anyone been and can anyone recommend a nice area to stay in or a cottage?

Ideally I would like to walk from a cottage to a nice beach, with rock pools and sand. I would also like a pretty village location.

Has anyone been to Seaview or Freshwater?

Can anyone recommend a nice beach?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now