Isle of Wight in Feruary half term? - accomodation for family with 2 and 4 year old

(5 Posts)
Filmbuffmum Sat 26-Jan-13 21:51:49

We stayed here www.westbayclub.co.uk/ and had a really good time- don't think they had baby listening, but nice pool, play area and bistro on site, plus a lovely spa.

Annette1 Sat 26-Jan-13 21:47:27

So many great places to stay on the Isle of Wight - Park resorts at Nodes Point Bembridge and Thorness Bay nr Cowes and Gurnard Pines are great with children - if you do go be sure to get an Isle of Wight Tourist Discount Card www.iowtouristcard.com - you can save lots of money during your trip - we did last year - We are so looking forward to going back this year and hope the weather is a bit better this time!!

Gingerbics Thu 24-Jan-13 11:08:05

We stayed in a log cabin at Gunard Pines, it was lovely. Indoor and outdoor pool, indoor soft play and small cafe. It was fairly reasonable too, I believe there were different types of accomodation from caravans to luxury cabins. It's based around a gym/ health club.

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 23-Jan-13 09:10:23

Priory Bay is about the only place that might tick some of your boxes. You have to start from the fact that the Isle of Wight is still in the 1950s and 1960s and this is one of it's charms. In all honesty I don't think you are going to get everything you want and are probably going to compromise on several points. Most hotels are traditional and a lot would be what you call old fashioned. You also have to be prepared that the Isle of Wight doesn't really wake up till 31st of March.
If this really is your wish list I would stay on the main land and go to one of the hotels in the Luxury Family hotels group.

Wilso Mon 21-Jan-13 14:29:34

Hi
We have been trawling the internet for places to stay on the Isle of Wight for a few days for the coming half term. We have never been before but would like to stay somewhere where there is a baby listening service, indoor pool, kids tea and separate sleeping area for the kids. Finally we also dont like old fashioned style hotels.
Any advice/recomendations please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now