Naice Afternoon Tea in Oxfordshire/Bucks or maybe Stratford upon Avon

(11 Posts)

Have you tried asking in Mumsnet Oxfordshire? Might be some helpful locals there...

DoubleMum Fri 28-Dec-12 15:56:09

The Grosvenor also does afternoon tea in Stratford:
www.bwgh.co.uk/grosvenor-stratford-upon-avon/afternoon-tea.html
or there is a fab 1940's tea shop called The Four Teas on Union St where you can get afternoon tea but don't think you'd be able to get gift vouchers for it
www.thefourteas.co.uk/

DoubleMum Fri 28-Dec-12 15:39:30

I think the Alveston Manor in Stratford does afternoon teas. It's just a short walk across the bridge from there into town. If the weather is nice it's lovely to sit on the balcony at the new theatre with a coffee and watch the river go by but I don't think they do afternoon tea packages.

NotAnotherPackedLunch Wed 26-Dec-12 21:36:35

Lope friends of mine went just for afternoon tea and raved about it. But it was ages ago so maybe they don't do it any more. Perhaps if you phoned them they might book you in if it wasn't a particularly busy day.

Lope Wed 26-Dec-12 21:05:57

Thanks for suggestions. NotAnother, I can't see Afternoon Teas at Le Manoir, not unless you're staying there anyway, and I certainly can't afford that.

NotAnotherPackedLunch Wed 26-Dec-12 17:46:25

Le Manior at Great Milton near Oxford does special afternoon teas.

Dreamingspires Wed 26-Dec-12 17:41:20

What about Danesfield House or Compleat Angler in Marlow?

VestaCurry Wed 26-Dec-12 17:33:44

I can recommend Stoke Place in Stoke Poges (near Slough but don't let that put you off!).

Lope Wed 26-Dec-12 17:29:43

Good choice, but they've already been there as it's just down the road from them!

fryingpanalley Mon 24-Dec-12 20:29:46

Hartwell House nr Aylesbury?

Lope Mon 24-Dec-12 19:01:09

Want to get a voucher for parental 50th W/A. Would like to go for a big London hotel but frankly they'd find it all a bit of a hassle to get there. Considering Cliveden, or Blenheim (but reviews suggest room a bit tatty at Blenheim). Any ideas??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now