Butlins Bognor Regis- Atlantic Bay Silver Accomodation / Oyster Bay

(5 Posts)
incognitoforonenight Fri 19-Oct-12 22:30:19

we've booked a three night stay in a 3 bed Silver self catering appt at Butlibs in Bognor in the Atlantic Bay section. Has anyone been? What's the diff between Atlantic Bay and Oyster Bay? been reading reviews and getting worried it's going to be complete dump! Help!

Morph2 Fri 19-Oct-12 23:19:23

can't comment on bognor regis but we went to butlins skegness in sept. We had booked standard but got upgraded to silver (room only as we had food option). I read some shocking reviews before but it was one of the best holidays ive ever had, we've booked to go next May!

incognitoforonenight Sat 20-Oct-12 09:16:42

Hi morph, that's good to hear. Some of the reviews really are shocking!

Needingthework Sat 20-Oct-12 09:24:16

IIRC, the silver appts at Bognor are part of the old buildings, so you are staying in the more crowded part.

I did it once and found it noisier and more cramped (had stayed in gold apartment the year before).

When we stayed there, it was the only time I had to complain as it had not been cleaned properly and my then 18 month old found an old battery under the bed and sharp bits of plastic from toy boxes (Xmas time).

I have been to Bognor one more time since and booked Gold again - sorry. However, this was about 3 years ago, so things may have improved.

PinkPetal38 Wed 24-Oct-12 18:43:44

Atlantic bay is newer than oyster bay so you've booked the right one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now