Holiday parks - Is there anything nicer than Butlins but naffer than Center Parcs?

(57 Posts)
SindyTellsMe Mon 04-Jul-11 19:08:05

I'm looking for somewhere family-friendly with lots of activities on-site that isn't as chaotic/unhealthy as Butlins, but not quite as pleased with itself (and its prices) as Center Parcs.

Any ideas?

stella69x Sat 26-Oct-13 18:24:45

If you are looking at the SW as a destination, John Fowler holiday parks are worth a look I have found their accommodation has more kitchen equipment than haven.

Damnautocorrect Sat 26-Oct-13 20:12:40

I was going to suggest bluestones as well

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sat 26-Oct-13 20:28:18

Haven Burnham on sea was much nicer than it sounds!

It was right next to the beach and the facilities were great! We paid extra for a decent caravan and we loved it.

We did Hoseasons pre children and I wasn't impressed. They were smelly, damp lodges. We always did it on the cheap though, I'm sure if you pay a bit more the accommodation would be less stinky! It was 12 years ago too.....

paneer Sun 27-Oct-13 23:55:26

bluestone is brilliant

givemeaclue Mon 28-Oct-13 08:14:01

Thread is 2 years old, presume op has booked a holiday now!

NandH Mon 28-Oct-13 12:36:32

Sandy balls is brilliant!
There's also a park in the new forest that has a handful of lovely lodges with hot tubs, the parks facilities are dated though so you'd have to venture out for activities, its reasonably priced too, think its called oakdene.

NandH Mon 28-Oct-13 12:37:29

Hahaa....oops.

must remember to check dates!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now