Lost child's comforter

(8 Posts)
sarahdelany Tue 20-Sep-16 22:39:22

We have lost a little tan puppy dog "hugging friends" comforter with abc on the front of it. Was bought in tescos back in 2007 and after trawling the Internet and eBay I don't know where to look next. Does anyone have an old one not used anymore? My 4 year old would be delighted! Thank you.

Do you have a picture of what you are after?

this one?
It's expensive but on eBay

That's the one I spotted strawberry. Really irritates me when people sell toys that were obviously about £4 for a premium when they know it was probably a child's first somewhere. I now own 4 M&S Lucca bears (we did have 5) as I've snapped them up when cheap on ebay so if teddy ever goes missing we have back up. Only issue is...DD thinks she has 4 teddies now...

PenileImplant Tue 20-Sep-16 22:53:49

Have you tried your local FB parenting groups to see if anyone has seen it?

It's sad isn't it bonfire I agree it's a shame, it's not just selling on a toy that's not wanted anymore it's hoping there's a desperate parent out there wiling to pay a massively overinflated price.
My DS is banned from taking his favourite out of the house unless it's to grandparents (where it also stays in the house) because I've not a clue where it came from or how to find a spare! It was given to me years ago and sat around until he latched onto it!

I've banned DD from taking teddy to her dad's strawberry because he is the one who loses it, I'm pretty sure she's surgically attached to it until she falls asleep, she now just takes a back up one. It's difficult because you have no idea what they will latch onto until they are bigger, so as you say you won't know where it's come from or its now 'rare' according to ebay!

sarahdelany Wed 21-Sep-16 13:54:13

I have seen the one on eBay but it's not quite the same. Our one was more of a comforter than stuffed toy. For £21.99 I would like it to be exactly the same.
I have attached photo of the beloved Dougal
If anyone has one, I would gladly pay!
Many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now