Help! Lost teddy at Barcelona Airport have you seen him?!

(15 Posts)
muchovino Mon 30-Jul-12 18:16:31

Unfortunately 5 yo DS's favourite teddy was left behind on Sunday 29th July at Barcelona Airport, we have contacted lost property there but no sign as yet. He is a medium 36 cm Jellycat Bartlesham Bear left on a chair in the cafe by the window next to security at the Easyjet terminal. www.flickr.com/photos/25032111@N08/3815957448/lightbox/
In the event that he doesn't turn up, what advice does anyone have, should we replace and pretend he has been on a big adventure etc? He us distraught, as I am as he has had him since birth! TIA sad

spottyock Sat 06-Oct-12 21:40:59

Wonderful news! Hope he has returned safely from his adventures.

That is fantastic news!

muchovino Fri 03-Aug-12 08:25:48

GREAT NEWS THEY HAVE FOUND THE TEDDY! For those in a similar position, never give up hope and keep persevering, DH found the number of the cafe where teddy was left and a very helpful lady has reunited us! grin

muchovino Tue 31-Jul-12 20:49:57

Thank you very much for all the great advice, may have to go for the "distressed" look with the replacement! smile

Cremolavelodrome Tue 31-Jul-12 19:01:18

Oh poor teddy and ds.sad
Heartbreaking . When this happened to me as a child my mum found a replacement doggy and wrapped it up like a present with a special letter telling about his adventures. She then posted it to me to
Open. Never found out til years laterblush

TuftyFinch Tue 31-Jul-12 18:48:49

That's the thing isn't it-making it look worn out? Tie it behind the car for a bit? Tie a parachute to it, half bury it in the garden... Oh, DS what's that?' ... clever teddy... Let's give him a nice big wash...?

muchovino Tue 31-Jul-12 18:37:35

Yes Tufty, we are tracking down a replacement, he may go for it as the original or maybe it could be his Spanish cousin as the original was pretty worn! Poor love, it has been very traumatic!

TuftyFinch Tue 31-Jul-12 18:33:00

Could you buy a new one and was it? I know it won't look and smell the same but you may be able to convince him it's his but you washed it?

muchovino Tue 31-Jul-12 18:30:10

Thank you very much Melody, I hope you are never in this position Nervous as you will find out just how traumatic it is for a small child.

That was helpful nervous, presumably op had thought of that but was after advice on what to do. Sometimes only the original will do when it comes to children.

I hope you find it Mucho

Bumping for you. Lots of luck op

Nervousfirsttimer Tue 31-Jul-12 07:05:19

Buy a new one? confused

muchovino Tue 31-Jul-12 07:03:53

anyone?!!

muchovino Mon 30-Jul-12 19:55:45

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now