Help. Lost rabbit

(28 Posts)
LetsKateWin Tue 06-Mar-12 21:22:08

DD loves rabbits and has had a little trio that she liked taking out and about. Today we lost purple rabbit.

Purple rabbit was bought from Sainsbury's about a year ago (I think). When she left purple rabbit with the CM she asked for her every day until they were re-united, so I know she will miss her. I have had a look on the Sainsbury's website, but they don't seem to stock them any more.

If anybody out there has a Sainsbury's purple rabbit that their DC has outgrown, would you be willing to sell it to me?

I will try and put a photo on my profile.

Thanks for your help. [hopeful]

Have you tried Ebay?
Ds lost his bear a while ago. Luckily we found it but I managed to find another one on Ebay, just in case.

Its always worth a look. smile

LetsKateWin Tue 06-Mar-12 21:26:05

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have a look.

LetsKateWin Tue 06-Mar-12 21:35:59

No luck on ebay sad. I'll have to keep trying. Maybe we'll be able to find a close substitute.

Have you got a picture?

Valpollicella Tue 06-Mar-12 21:39:30

Is the (fabric) label still on it? Does it have any kind of code etc?

LetsKateWin Tue 06-Mar-12 21:56:54

I've put a picture up on this thread now, but it may not be visible on a mobile (I can't see it on mine).

As far as I can remember it just had Sainbury's label on. I'm really annoyed with myself. I thought it was tucked in beside her in the buggy.

blackoutthesun Tue 06-Mar-12 21:58:17

have you tried e-mailing sainburys?

Not the same Any good?

LetsKateWin Tue 06-Mar-12 22:05:32

I did think about it, but being the negative person that I am, I decided they would tell me that they don't have any.

I will email them tomorrow.

Thanks all for taking the time to read this.

LetsKateWin Tue 06-Mar-12 22:11:57

Thanks for the link Spanky. I may have to buy a substitute if I can't find another one like the original.

I've just seen something on Facebook about re-uniting childhood faves so will check that out.

Valpollicella Tue 06-Mar-12 22:12:15

Nonono, you must email them.

Did you not hear about Sainsbury's renaming Tiger Bread Giraffe Bread after an email from a 3 yo? grin

They sound lovely in their HQ customer services.

Email them!

LetsKateWin Tue 06-Mar-12 22:16:31

I will definitely email them. I'll sign it from 2yo LittleKate

YY! Make them feel guilty enough to go and search through all their old stock! grin

SootySweepandSue Tue 06-Mar-12 22:22:19

If you google Sainsburys Toy Buyer there is a name that comes up (won't put it on here), so you can email the buyer directly. Their addresses are first.last@sainsburys.co.uk.

HTH, they will be delighted they are stocking toys that Kids love.

Pm me if you can't find the name. I also know the old toys buyer.

LetsKateWin Tue 06-Mar-12 22:25:53

I must try Baker Street lost property too, but last time I lost something on the tube ( one of DD's brand new shoes angry) they didn't have it. I think you have to wait a week or so after the loss.

LetsKateWin Tue 06-Mar-12 22:26:35

Thanks Sooty.

You're all so kind.

Valpollicella Tue 06-Mar-12 22:28:52

Lets, I work reasonably close to Baker St so if you want I could go and check/look for you if you want. Let me know.

LetsKateWin Tue 06-Mar-12 22:29:03

I've found the name and will email her now.

[flowers]

LetsKateWin Tue 06-Mar-12 22:30:34

Well, that didn't work. I'm on my mobile and can't remember the code for flowers. [thankyou] ?

LetsKateWin Tue 06-Mar-12 22:31:18

Thanks Val. I will keep you posted.

I love mumsnet. smile

Valpollicella Tue 06-Mar-12 22:39:13

No problem at all. Honestly, would be no problem at all.

DS won a pink small rabbit from a grabby machine a couple of weeks ago which he is willing to donate - could it be purple rabbit's cousing that has come for a visit until purple rabbit turns up?

LetsKateWin Tue 06-Mar-12 22:49:23

That's such a kind thought. I thought about telling a story along those lines. If Sainsbury's can't help I may take you up on your offer.

I must get some sleep now. I was so tired at work on Monday that I reached for the calculator to multiply something by 10. Yes I did. blush

Good night and thanks so much for your help.

LetsKateWin Thu 22-Mar-12 10:13:09

Hello all,

I'm at work so no time to PM at the mo. I'm sitting here crying happy tears. Sainsbury's have just emailed to say that the supplier is going to make another rabbit for my DD. Thank you all so much.

I will PM later just in case you don't see this. smilesmilesmilebear

Valpollicella Thu 22-Mar-12 22:06:44

That is absolutely lovely news grin

How wonderful of Sainsburys! Good for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now