How do I clean Lego Duplo

(11 Posts)
notasausage Tue 20-Oct-09 19:26:15

Has anyone put this in the dishwasher or washing machine - I've just bought a load from ebay and don't fancy scrubbing it all by hand!

bronze Tue 20-Oct-09 19:27:00

I put it in the dishwasher in net bags

allaboutme Tue 20-Oct-09 19:27:15

I'd put them in the dishwasher.
I've put toys in before. Duplo is only plastic, it'll be fine!

llaregguBOO Tue 20-Oct-09 19:28:23

I've used the dishwasher. A bath full of milton worked too.

FromGirders Tue 20-Oct-09 19:29:14

If you don't have a dishwaher, put it in the washing machine, in a pillowslip, 60 deg wash, and leave the house - it's noisy!

notasausage Tue 20-Oct-09 19:30:32

Thanks all for your speedy responses. Awaiting delivery eagerly but my parents have a box of this already and DD (11 months) loves the noise it makes when she crashes it around!

belgo Tue 20-Oct-09 19:33:55

I've used the dishwasher for second hand duplo, but the washing machine suggestion is very good.

UniS Tue 20-Oct-09 19:38:13

IIRC - (its a long time since I tried washing lego) washing it is fairly easy, drying it is teh hard bit and if its not dry fairly quickly it will smell.
Maybe warm cupboard to follow washing machine.

4madboys Tue 20-Oct-09 19:49:30

i put it in a pillow case, tie a knot and then put it in the washing machine, my boys like to play with it the garden, mud and sandpit etc, this always works same with regular lego

notasausage Tue 20-Oct-09 21:44:33

Hmmm hadn't thought about drying it...... Greenhouse might still work hmm

DH has washed Lego in the washing machine since he was a kid. It works really well. Bit of Bio washing powder and a good shake and a warm place (airing cupboard) to dry afterwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now