Hatchimals .... what fresh hell is this??

(12 Posts)
Londonista Fri 07-Oct-16 13:07:16

My about-to-turn-6 year old has announced he wants a Hatchimal for his birthday. So I googled it. I watch a video. I still don't know what it is, what it does or why it's worth £59. Anyone got one? Verdict?
www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5545340.htm

ThatsWotSheSaid Fri 07-Oct-16 18:09:20

Ive been trying to work it out too. Who knows. It could be the one toy he didn't get that he remembers for the rest of his life (mine was teddy Ruckspin) or it could be a forgotten about by Christmas Eve. I've got one for my DD and I'll put it on eBay if she has forgotten about it by December fingers crossed

Londonista Fri 07-Oct-16 21:07:39

I think he would cuddle it and talk to it etc and enjoy it when it hatches etc but FFS .... £59!?

Londonista Fri 07-Oct-16 21:08:03

Wot how old is your daughter?

TheColonelAdoresPuffins Sat 08-Oct-16 14:35:34

I saw this on TV and thought my dd might like one for Christmas. Looked it up on Anazon and they were about 70 quid. WTF!

dartzie62 Sat 08-Oct-16 14:48:20

I participated in the launch twitter party of Hatchimals and they are so awesome. Yes they are expensive, but to be honest no more so than Furby etc. They hatch in 25mins.... during this time they interact. Once hatched they have different stages of growing up. They are super cute and I think worth it.

Soubriquet Sat 08-Oct-16 14:49:57

I can see the novelty wearing off quick once they have hatched

DixieNormas Sat 08-Oct-16 15:15:39

I thought the same thing this morning, of course they both really want one. £70 ffs!

Londonista Mon 10-Oct-16 17:59:52

Yes I thought the hatching might have been drawn out a bit longer. i can see it ending on the January shelf of forgotten dreams ...
Dartzie none of the write up says any of that, i found it impossible to really see what it did or why it was so expensive. Marketing fail, if you ask me, though it was launch day. I will wait for hype to die down and if he is still pestering me for it, it will be January.

Idliketobeabutterfly Fri 14-Oct-16 14:09:10

Argos have some collect in store in four/five days atm

23jumpstreet Thu 20-Oct-16 21:42:41

The eggs are sold out everywhere, I'm still looking for one.

JuneJuly Thu 27-Oct-16 13:59:13

Me too 23jumpstreet, refuse to pay silly ebay & amazon prices.

Had one ordered from Argos, due to arrive on Tues, got a call this morning to tell me there wasn't any stock left to fulfill my order and they won't be getting anymore until after christmas. So close! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now