Best gift for a 5yo girl? I've given away my best ideas for DD's pressie!

(6 Posts)
hurricanemum Sat 09-May-15 10:10:22

Help...I've given away our best ideas for DD1's 5th birthday pressies. I do it EVERY year! This year she mainly wanted a flying tinker bell thing - mainly because it's on milkshake every day. Why oh why did I lift the ban on telly with adverts?!
Is she too young for a 2 wheeler scooter? Does anyone have any great ideas for presents for her? She's having a little party and a cake so am not too bothered if she doesn't get something major from us but would like to get so,etching that's a hit!
Any help appreciated smile

EmGee Sat 09-May-15 20:33:28

Those flying fairies are a bit rubbish - DD got a Flutterbye (think it's called that) and it really is crap!

My 5yo still uses her Mini Micro scooter (3 wheels) although prefers her bike.

These are her favourite things at the moment (in case it helps!):

Frozen/Disney princess/fairy fancy dress
Jewellry making kits
Drawing/colouring sets (Djeco do nice craft kits)
Barbie and the Secret Door (she likes dancing)
Playmobil (mine like the princess/fairy ones but there are tons - swimming pool, camping stuff, vets etc)

Asleeponasunbeam Sat 09-May-15 20:40:01

Fairy playmobil?

Cies Sat 09-May-15 20:42:18

My 5 yo has a two wheeler scooter and loves it.

Playmobile and Lego are good for this age.

If she likes painting, how about some proper grown up water colour paints and that lovely thick paper.

Or mine would appreciate an "experience" at this age, or even a subscription to a class or activity

AmandaTanen Sat 09-May-15 20:44:07

My daughter was given the Cinderella twirling skirt doll and she loves playing with it.

PeterParkerSays Sat 09-May-15 20:46:10

DS had a 2 wheeled scooter for his 5th birthday, so I'd go for that a a main present. Also, a marble run is popular here and at 5 they're starting to get old enough for more interesting board games as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now