Tablet for a one year old

(20 Posts)
Tagz269 Sun 05-Jan-14 08:02:04

My dd loves to play with my iPhone and loves it. She likes anything like that- ipad, iMac etc.
I want to get her a tablet of some type but am stuck on what to get. I want something she can hold, play games, with a camera, watch videos,
Anything spring to mind? Don't want to spend too much though.

MissWimpyDimple Sun 05-Jan-14 08:06:22

Give her the box. Tablet for a 1 year old. Hahahahahaha

Tommy Sun 05-Jan-14 08:06:46

she's 1?
hmm

birdybear Sun 05-Jan-14 08:07:53

are you serious? get her a rattle and some musical toys fgs....

ihatethecold Sun 05-Jan-14 08:08:20

You are kidding?

insancerre Sun 05-Jan-14 08:11:48

why? i am very sad that you are asking this. it is a wind-up, isnt it?

duskymoon Sun 05-Jan-14 08:12:01

This is wrong on so many levels. Just no. Get her a big box to play in, a ball popper, some musical instruments - anything but a tablet. There is plenty plenty time for that - why rush!

My 2 year old spend 2 hours yesterday with a bag of pasta and 2 Tupperware jugs. Job done.

hmm

MrsBungle Sun 05-Jan-14 08:17:41

Lol at your 1 year old 'playing games' on a tablet! Wait til she's a bit older and get a leap pad or something.

picnicbasketcase Sun 05-Jan-14 08:30:01

I'd think anyone would be barking to buy a tablet for a baby. Of course she likes the pretty colours and playing on an iPad, but she'd probably be equally thrilled with some nice bright books and a rattle.

AmandinePoulain Sun 05-Jan-14 08:30:10

<laughing at the idea of my 1yo taking photos>

A 1yo doesn't need a tablet, sorry. Your money would be far better spent on age appropriate toys (or on cake tins and a bin, which is what my 1yo old is obsessed with! wink).

My 2yo carries round an empty kindle cover and says "my Ipad" grin

We dont have a tablet but a friends three year old does hence why she knows what an Ipad it.

A 1yo doesnt need a tablet. She just wants what you have.

BenCohenismyChristmaswish Sun 05-Jan-14 08:36:36

Cant believe you want to buy a 1 year old a tablet!

Tagz269 Sun 05-Jan-14 23:09:57

Lol at your responses!! I was merely asking for advice and don't think some of them are helpful.
I was asking in regards to a childs tablet I.e a leappad or a innotab. I know they do the innotab baby which looks interesting but quite pricey

Wolfiefan Sun 05-Jan-14 23:12:37

Saucepan
Wooden spoon!
Sorted!

IdaClair Sun 05-Jan-14 23:14:22

My ddi got the leap pad when she was 5 and struggled with using it and reading most of the content to start with. My 1yo has a remote control with the batteries removed, try that.

amomofboys Thu 16-Jan-14 20:21:37

An interesting read on children and tablets and why moderate but early-ish introduction of technology might not be the worst thing in the world:

http://weneeddatenight.wordpress.com/2014/01/14/the-case-for-toddlers-and-tech/

we do hand them our phones every now and again -- don't we?

SoonToBeSix Thu 16-Jan-14 20:30:54

Innotab baby is £36 on amazon

Proudmummytodc2 Thu 16-Jan-14 20:40:52

My 10 month old plays with her 2.8 year olds tablet which he got when he was 1.7 he's a whizz kid at his ipad and she knows how to use it 2 I put loads of baby apps on it for her like baby sounds babied first words colouring in stuff picture drawing alphabets ect do no I don't think u are being unreasonable because they can be used for educational purposes ect .. You know your 1 year old best if I think they will benefit get her one xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now