Doll for a 4 year old

(8 Posts)
skorpion Wed 11-Dec-13 20:31:31

Hi, I'm looking for an interactive doll for my daughter. She wants one that will close her eyes, make sounds, DD didn't mention drinking or weeing.
I'm not sure if I want a baby one (the only ones I can find are Annabelle and Baby Born) and would like to perhaps find something a bit different...
To be honest, I'm not sure what I want, dolls usually freak me out, especially the ones that try to look 'life like'.
Any ideas would be welcome, I'm finding trawling through hundreds of pictures of dolls a bit of a chore...

hurricanemum Mon 16-Dec-13 19:48:41

HIya, I too am looking for a doll for my 3 year old so am watching this thread with interest. So far I have only really seen the baby Annabell which is expensive and has mixed reviews...

crazykat Mon 16-Dec-13 20:19:47

My dd1 had baby annabelle which she loved as she got it when dd2 was very little and she liked having her own 'baby'. However it drove me nuts especially the sighing/sleeping sounds.

I'd also given dd1 my old baby born which she liked to a point. Dd2 however loves her so much we bought her a new one and she plays with both together though doesn't feed it as I remember it being a pain when I was little with cleaning it. She does like giving it water.

Tbh my dds tend to prefer dressing them up than using the interactive features.

ViviDeHohohoVoir Mon 16-Dec-13 20:26:35

I've just bought my 4 year old DD a baby Annabelle (she's been asking for one for ages.
I got it for £25 today using a voucher code on the Toys r us website. I figured if it was rubbish at least I hadn't spent the bat part of £50 on it!
It's a minefield - I spent weeks looking at bloody dolls and still ended up getting her that!

hurricanemum Mon 16-Dec-13 21:20:15

vivi - which voucher code did you use? I have googled but can't find one that will work!

ViviDeHohohoVoir Mon 16-Dec-13 21:27:43

This worked for me:
£5 off a £30 spend
Hope it works for you too!

ViviDeHohohoVoir Mon 16-Dec-13 21:28:18

They have free delivery ATM too.

hurricanemum Mon 16-Dec-13 21:43:39

aha! haven't spent £30. Only £29.99!!!! Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now