Note: This topic is for discussing toys and games. If you want to buy or sell toys or games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Scooters

(4 Posts)
NancysGarden Tue 10-Dec-13 10:49:53

Can anyone recommend a sort of middle of the range scooter for a 7yo? Looking online, no idea where to start don't want something that will break in 5 mins but equally don't want to break the bank.

Think my budget is up to £100.

Anyone?

JinxyCat Tue 10-Dec-13 21:04:05

Try Decathalon - they sometimes have reasonable ones for <£50

My 5 year old also rates the Orbiz ones with flashing lights, but not sure how durable they are
www.amazon.co.uk/Ozbozz-Lightning-Strike-Scooter-Blue/dp/B001U0O49M

I do think the Micro-scooters, whilst expensive, are the best - and they do tend to hold their value on ebay, so if you can wait to get the money back IYSWIM (buy for £100, sell for £60 - cost to you £40!) or maybe ask friends/family to contribute £5-10 each. That's what we did to buy DS2 a bike after DS1's one got nicked from Godstone Farm

kidzownit Sun 19-Jan-14 11:16:27

Try Radio Flyer Scooters. They are durable and beautiful as well. You can found them here http://www.kidzownit.com/radio-flyer-little-red-scooter

Cashew Sun 26-Jan-14 09:49:34

I,ve been asking friends the same question. They're all recommending a JD Bug original for my 6 year old. Just under £50, durable, folding and cool. Hope that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now