Note: This topic is for discussing toys and games. If you want to buy or sell toys or games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Bath toy recommendations?

(10 Posts)
Judyandherdreamofhorses Fri 08-Nov-13 10:09:08

Disclaimer: I know that plastic cups and things to pour from make the best bath toys, but this is for a birthday present and bath toys have been specifically requested by the parents!

So, what are your best bath toys please? It's for a first birthday. Baby has an older sister too, so I'm sure she'd enjoy bath time sharing fun.

stargirl1701 Fri 08-Nov-13 19:28:56

I love (yes, I know) the water flutes that Boots are currently selling. DD seems mildly amused grin

linspins Thu 28-Nov-13 20:55:35

Octonauts toys, my son loves his Gupp-b and has played with it for over a year now And it's not even manky with black grime!!

beckym8678 Fri 29-Nov-13 21:07:02

Another vote for Gups, though maybe not for a first birthday.
One of our best bath toys, apart from stacking cups, empty shampoo bottles and Gups is this light thing which doesn't look like much until it's turned on, when it makes the whole bath glow.. It has a couple of fit-inducing horrible flashing modes, but the slow colour change phase or just all lights on is great. Ours was a gift about 7 years ago, and has been played with in intense, if sporadic bursts by 3 DS's and is still on its first set of batteries! Superb value, for what was (at the time) a fiver-from-lidl job. Looks a bit tacky though, for a gift...
Can also HIGHLY recommend this foam mirror which sticks to tiles/side of bath, or floats providing an island to build stacking-cup-mountains on. I miss ours, chucked after several years' hard graft/chewing, in fact may need to get another for latest teether...

I'm still searching for an amazing-looking water wheel thing, in several parts, each with suckers for tiles/bath, a bit like a bath water marble run idea. Saw one years back, but didn't notice a make, and can't find one anywhere. If anyone out there knows what i'm on about please post here!

I got some ducks from John Lewis which stack and float and pour, my niece (8 months) loved them. here they are

beckym8678 Fri 29-Nov-13 21:16:12

Those ducks were going to be my other recommendation, but thought I'd wittered enough; they're brilliant! Handy for hair-wash night too...

Thanks becky - I'm going to buy the crab mirror for her for Christmas. Looks great.

Bedsheets4knickers Fri 24-Jan-14 22:52:51

I do know the bath crayons you can get are an absolute messy nightmare !!! We got 4 lots for Christmas :-(

AverageHeight Mon 03-Feb-14 23:06:49

These magnetic boats are a massive hit with my toddler. He hated other bath toys that either sang or had some sort of propeller, and I was bored of the squirters.

thebearandmissrabbit Thu 27-Feb-14 14:57:46

Play toys launched some fabulous wooden bath toys at Toy Fair 2014 in January, They are really good and different to many bath toys currently on the market. They are just launching now, with some due in the UK in about 6 weeks time. So keep your eye out for them! http://www.thebearandmissrabbitblog.co.uk/bath-toys/wooden-bath-toys-by-plan-toys/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now