Wooden or plastic play kitchen?

(4 Posts)
Belle15 Tue 22-Oct-13 15:44:52

Hi
I am trying to find a play kitchen for my daughter for Christmas. She will be 2 but we also have a 4 year old who will want to join in.
I am trying to find a good deal and there are lots on offer at the minute. Silly question but is there any real reason we should choose wooden over plastic?
From what I can see we seem to get much more for our money with the plastic ones, accessories, sound effects etc.
any recommendations. Have seen the half price asda one and almost ordered but my my saw it in store and wasn't impressed.

Clearlymisunderstood Tue 22-Oct-13 15:48:22

We've bought the ikea kitchen for my dd for Xmas. We bought her a plastic one last year but it is absolutely rubbish tbh, doors/taps come off far too easily meaning dd gets frustrated when she is playing. The ikea one came highly recommended by a lot of people and seems a lot more sturdy for a 2.5 year old

Trampoline Thu 24-Oct-13 10:50:16

We bought the expensive but very gorgeous wooden one from Le Toy Van (which you can buy in John Lewis etc). It's beautiful and has been well played with by my two pre-schoolers. Have a look on Ebay for it - there are some lovely second hand ones in very good condition. They have such great re-sale value that I decided to buy an expensive one which I will get some money back on when I come to sell it on. Various play cafe's and soft play centres have the Ikea one which is also very nice and good quality and must withstand a bashing! Happy shopping!

Belle15 Thu 31-Oct-13 15:08:18

Ikea one ordered! Thanks ladies! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now