Note: This topic is for discussing toys and games. If you want to buy or sell toys or games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Computer for 3 year old

(5 Posts)
Monkeymummy1 Thu 10-Oct-13 09:34:02

DD who is almost 3 proudly announced last week that Santa is bringing her a computer. I've done a bit of research on kid laptops and kid tablets but wondered if anyone has any suggestions or experience? I'd like her to have something that is educational and fun. Thanks!

KCumberSandwich Tue 22-Oct-13 11:49:29

hi, DS has a leapfrog leaptop, it teaches letters and animals etc and you can put your own bits and pieces on it if you plug it into your own computer, he has had it since he was two but only started to take a real interest in it when he was three and now he loves it. wasn't expensive either, has lasted really well and still holds his interest now he is four. i got it in argos

OneLittleToddleTerror Tue 22-Oct-13 11:54:38

I heard really good things about the tesco hudl. I'm not sure what kid of budget are you willing to spend. It's not a kids tablet but a fully functional android tab. I think it's £60 with tesco clubpoints.

OneLittleToddleTerror Tue 22-Oct-13 11:56:31

Also with an android tablet/ipad it might be more expensive to buy the original tablet, but the software are only a few quids each. So in the long run it's cheaper. Obviously it won't be as robust as the leap pad. But I heard the leap pad is quite expensive to run.

scarecrow22 Sat 09-Nov-13 20:05:15

Hi, monkeymummy, did you find a good one?

I thought this looked good, from ELC....

Interested in what you found as considering for DD's 3rd birthday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now