(Galt compatible) Marble runs?

(17 Posts)
beckym8678 Mon 23-Sep-13 14:20:04

I'm after another marble run to breath life back into our rather tired (though still brilliant) Galt marble run. I like the look of the Hawkins one (it has a loop-the-loop!) and the marks and spencer one for the same reason (though SHAME ON THEM for the awful 'boys stuff' label). Also like this one for sheer scale.
Any advice?
Thanks...

beckym8678 Fri 29-Nov-13 19:46:38

Still wondering... Any advice out there?

ElaClaw Fri 29-Nov-13 19:57:39

No suggestions as I would alsolike the answer smile

HouseAtreides Fri 29-Nov-13 20:01:08

Marbutopia are good, the primary coloured ones are better than the neon coloured ones.

ElaClaw Fri 29-Nov-13 20:01:40

www.galttoys.com/index.cfm/pinball-racer/1002/productid/A0513H looks quite fun, but not quite on the scale you're after!

CallMeNancy Fri 29-Nov-13 20:04:34

It's probably not compatible with a traditional marble run, Galt or otherwise, but is brilliant
www.themarblerunshop.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=95&products_id=827&zenid=4477h7v02l09moepk1fecpdc91

stargirl1701 Fri 29-Nov-13 20:06:12
beckym8678 Fri 29-Nov-13 20:42:56

ElaClaw that pinball thing does look ace, hard to tell if it would match up with a 'normal' set, though being the same brand you'd hope so...

Houseatreides nice Marbutopia knowledge - thanks. Could well be what we need to pad out our wee set.

Nancy that quercetti skyrail will def be going on a future christmas list, maybe when we have more floor space!

Love the wooden ones, but need to wait for lottery win before splurging on those, cos I know I'd HAVE to go waaaaaay over the top with those musical components, just gorgeous...

Might have to sneak a piece of Galt into m&s and see if I can check compatibility with theirs myself.

Ps got the massive marbulous set recently for grandparents' house, it's very good too...

CallMeNancy Fri 29-Nov-13 20:51:08

The skyrail gets built down the stairs here. That maxi set was on amazon Black Friday deals yesterday, & didn't sell out. I've never seen it reduced anywhere before.

beckym8678 Fri 29-Nov-13 21:14:23

Down the stairs? Like your style, though am reserving stairs-space for blutrack car track (bet it'd work a treat with marbles too, though they would get up some speed by the bottom of the stairs, thinking smashed front door window??), recommended by another MNer, looks ace...

CallMeNancy Fri 29-Nov-13 21:16:37

Ooh. smile
That track looks brilliant.

NorthernShores Fri 29-Nov-13 21:16:51

Good lord that marble run would cost hundreds!!!

NorthernShores Fri 29-Nov-13 21:21:28

the wooden one I mean. Pretty but really rather expensive for a marble run. Each extra piece is really expensive.

beckym8678 Fri 29-Nov-13 21:47:17

Yup. Wasn't exaggerating when I said with-lottery-win-only... And I know who I'd REALLY be buying it for...
Can't wait for the blutrack to arrive, am I allowed to play with it try it out before christmas day? How well is a 16ft ramp going to go down in a house with 3 boys?!?

KurryKween Mon 09-Dec-13 09:24:02

Hello! I too am wondering about compatibility with GALT marble runs. I read an amazon review that said that Marbulous were compatible with galt - anyone know anything about this?

beckym8678 - i see you have the marbulous & the galt, but you posed the intial q, so i am guessing they are not compatible?!

Help please!

ElaClaw Mon 09-Dec-13 10:23:03

wow that blu track looks amazing! I might try to sneak some in a stocking .

beckym8678 Mon 16-Dec-13 21:02:35

Sorry kurrykween only just spotted your message. I did get both, but one set (marbulous) posted straight to grandparents, and I haven't yet managed to try both together. Can do so over christmas but I imagine that'll be too late! It does fit normal marbles, and is a great set though...

Oh and the blu track seems very good so far; had a sneaky play before stashing away from small-boy-eyes, can report back on success (or not) after the 25th...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now