Note: This topic is for discussing toys and games. If you want to buy or sell toys or games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

wheely bug? is it worth the money?

(9 Posts)
froken Mon 23-Sep-13 10:41:27

Ds turns 1 mid December.

I was considering. Getting him a wheelybug.

We have a reasonable big living room but all tge doorways have little raised wooden bits so he wouldn't be able to scoot from room to room.

Are they worth tge money?

LifeofPo Mon 23-Sep-13 10:46:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

stargirl1701 Mon 23-Sep-13 15:46:56

Yes, but get one second hand on eBay.

christinarossetti Mon 23-Sep-13 15:51:05

My dd got one for her 1st bday and it's still going strong with various children 5 1/2 years later.

Nice looking thing to have around although her friend had a skuttlebug which she enjoyed just as just not for as long.

PrincessScrumpy Mon 30-Sep-13 14:53:13

We have the bigger one and my dtds used it like a walker and now at 2 ride on it. They love it - worth the money imo a my 5yo can play too. I wouldn't bother with the smaller one though.

ouryve Mon 30-Sep-13 14:56:02

We got a big one for DS2, new, for about £30. Sold it, a year later, on ebay, for £20!

notwoo Mon 30-Sep-13 14:56:39

I'm not sure - they are beautiful and v well made but we've got one that dd had for Christmas when she was 2 (now 4..5) and neither of mine have played with it much. It is the bigger one and they are both on the petite side though. Ds is 18 months and loves his plastic truck to ride on. He's getting a scuttlebug for christmas having really enjoyed his friend's one.

notasausage Tue 15-Oct-13 21:17:12

Get the bigger one if you decide to go for it. Ours don't get played on that much and we have lots of laminate which makes them much easier to use. DD1 much preferred an annoying plastic ride on with music buttons! DD2 could use hers from before she could walk but once she could throw her leg over, much preferred the noisy one. Have you considered didicar? I think they are much more stable and easier to ride for little ones with much more longevity as they get bigger plus they take adult weight

TheGonnagle Tue 15-Oct-13 21:18:45

We bought ours for £20 on ebay and sold it three years later (on Ebay) for £21. So it paid us a quid to come and live with us for three years. Perfect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now