Note: This topic is for discussing toys and games. If you want to buy or sell toys or games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Micro scooter with seat for 1yo?

(8 Posts)
Wildwaterfalls Thu 27-Jun-13 15:45:19

Has anyone tried these? It's called mini micro and apparently comes with a little seat and o-bar for very small children, converting into a normal scooter later.

Thinking if it for DD's first birthday but it's quite a bit of money so want to make sure it's wort it!

TIAthanks

Wildwaterfalls Sat 06-Jul-13 07:36:15

Bump smile

DTisMYdoctor Mon 15-Jul-13 07:39:29

The mini micro scooter is fab, and can be easily used from about age 2. DS still uses his now at 5, so in terms of use, it's probably the best present we've bought. No experience of the seat as they weren't available when we got them - do they add much to the cost? If so, I'd be tempted to leave it until 2nd birthday and then get it without the seat.

Wildwaterfalls Mon 15-Jul-13 13:52:09

Thanks DT, very sensible advice. We're now thinking of waiting a bit with the scooter, and getting a wooden ride on toy instead for her birthday!

Fresh01 Wed 31-Jul-13 20:47:08

A friend of mine has the seat bar for her DS and it works well for him. He is 2 in a few weeks.

My Dc4 can actually use the micro scooter already at 18 months. DC3 got it for his 2nd birthday and couldn't get the action right till he was 2.5 years old. Somehow through watching the others Dc4 has worked it out already. It is a great scooter.

countrymummy13 Wed 07-Aug-13 09:02:58

OP I would go for the scooter.

DS got a little ride one bee on casters for his 1st and still hasn't mastered the art on staying on it (now 14months).

However, DD got the micro scooter for her 3rd and DS loves it!! It can stand on it and hold the handles bar himself. If he was a bit taller I'm sure he'd be scootering!!

If I hadn't already got him the ride on bee, I would definitely be getting the micro and seat for xmas.

memphis83 Wed 07-Aug-13 09:08:05

My ds got this for his first birthday but was too young to use it until about 18 months, he loved it and was gutted when he got to big for the seat, as the micro scooter doesn't turn like a normal scooter the leaning he learn't on this meant he just got on a balance bike and was confident from the start.
Its has been my favourite toy of his he had so much use from it with the seat and still uses it daily with the bar, bit pricey but has been worth it in this house.

TinyTear Fri 09-Aug-13 11:40:23

My 18 month old has one and LOVES it. she sits on it, we got the Scootpull thing and pull her along on small trips to the playground.

We first left it on the living room for her to get used to it climibing on and off and going wheeeee indoors, then we took it out but with the buggy as back up and now she loves it and we can just take it out.

Also as you can then change it to the bar it can be used until they are 6 or 6...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now