Could anyone recommend a good double swing for the garden please?

(5 Posts)
Growlithe Sat 15-Jun-13 08:19:59

We want to get DD2 a swing for her 5th birthday. We'd like to get a double one so DD2 (nearly 10) won't get left out.

We'd ideally like a fairly compact one as the garden isn't massive and has a couple of awkwardly placed trees we would like to keep. So the space we are playing with is 8 to 9 foot, and we'd like to avoid the supports taking up the whole area.

Anyone got anything similar they could recommend?

TIA

Alwayscheerful Sat 15-Jun-13 08:31:23

In my experience children only ever play on swings in other people's gardens. I would not buy swings or play equipment unless my garden was huge.

You mention trees, are they big enough for a tyre on a rope of a swing on a rope?

Growlithe Sat 15-Jun-13 08:39:00

I was worried about that a bit too Always, but it's the only thing she's ever asked for!

The trees are mature, but only small fruit trees, otherwise that would have been a great idea.

Growlithe Sat 15-Jun-13 11:36:02

Bump

Wildwaterfalls Thu 27-Jun-13 16:02:21

Can't comment on quality yet as it has not been built yet, but we just ordered one from a company called Just outdoor toys.

They provide the swing kit and either a build it yourself frame, or they recommend someone to come and build a hopefully kind of tasteful wooden frame in your garden.

You can also get them from Argos I think though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now