Note: This topic is for discussing toys and games. If you want to buy or sell toys or games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Balance Bike recommendation for a two year old?

(7 Posts)
Franimal Tue 14-May-13 22:35:29

Hi it's DD 2nd bday in one month and wondering about getting her a wooden balance bike. Can anyone recommend this? Is it a good age to start?

Wallace Thu 16-May-13 14:24:40

The metal ones tend to be a bit lighter. 2 is a great age to get one. Some good brands are Puky, Strider, Likeabike. And a lot of the good brands of bikes do a balance bike. eg Specialized

Franimal Thu 16-May-13 15:36:04

Thanks Wallace!

Check out how low they can go - she might be disappointed if she can't ride it right away. My 2 have had good use out of a Ridgeback Scoot.

jammietart Wed 22-May-13 16:05:06

We bought DD a Puky balance bike for her 2nd birthday and it was great I would recommend. We then bought her an Islabike pedal bike for her 3rd birthday and if I bought a balance bike again I would go with an Islabike.

Piffpaffpoff Wed 22-May-13 16:10:52

Try and get one with a brake and get them used to using it - one less thing to think about when they step up to a pedal bike.

DTisMYdoctor Fri 24-May-13 14:09:30

I got DS an islabike one when he was 2 - at the time it was the only one that was short enough (he's a bit titchy). It's very light.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now