Note: This topic is for discussing toys and games. If you want to buy or sell toys or games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Bruder toys - why the wild variation in prices?

(6 Posts)
LaTrucha Mon 15-Apr-13 15:37:37

DS has coveted a Bruder mobile crane that lives in his big sister's reception classroom for a year now so I plan to treat him to one for his birthday. The one we've seen is pretty old but pretty sturdy. I have seen one by myself in a local shop and it looked pretty flimsy which I put down to it being newer and thing always getting worse grin.

I have now looked online, and they seem to vary wildly in price. Is this because some are much better built than others, or is it because some are rarer and people collect them? A lot seem to be imported from Germany which makes me wonder if this is so.

I am completely confused. Any tips?

notapizzaeater Mon 15-Apr-13 15:40:35

My son still plays with is Bruder toys and he's now 10 - they last years. The price does vary greatly, some of the best bargains I've had have Been off amazon or play.com

LaTrucha Mon 15-Apr-13 15:44:49

It's amazon I've been looking at mostly. Some of them seem to be £35-£40, some around £70 -£100. They all look like cranes to me! Good recommendation. Thanks for that.

LaTrucha Mon 15-Apr-13 18:24:43

Can I ask, did you buy the cheaper or the more expensive ones? Or are they actually the same but different prices?

staticlunge Mon 15-Apr-13 18:30:21

Could be some are made from plastic and some are metal.

The metal tractors my son has, I think are more for collecting than playimg. Both types are well made and get bashed around alot

LaTrucha Mon 15-Apr-13 19:52:54

I still can't really tell the difference between the £40 crane and the £70 one. I must be missing something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now