Scooter for an almost 2,5 yo?

(8 Posts)
DrinkFeckArseGirls Mon 08-Apr-13 20:32:42

What is the best scooter for a toddler? We got one but it us too high and too heavy for DD to push off. I've just seen (well a couple of hours ago smile) a small toddler easily whizzing around on hers. Oh, but I don't want to spend £70.

If it's collapsable, it would be great.

LadyLech Mon 08-Apr-13 20:45:31

It doesn't collapse, but nothing compares to the micro scooter. I tried lots (and wasted lots of money) before eventually buying this one. It cost us £50, but it really was money well spent as I got it when my DD was 3, she's 6 now and still loves it. When she came out of her pushchair, she used it to go everywhere!

noisytoys Mon 08-Apr-13 20:47:49

I second the micro. Everything else is a waste of money at this age micro is fantastic (and sells on well so think of it as an investment)

DD has a micro and is 2.5 - it is the right size for her and will be great when she works out how to steer.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Mon 08-Apr-13 20:56:24

That's the answer I didn't want to hear! They're expensive... But otoh she's not using the £20 one so that was not money well spent.

Ds had an 'ozbozz my first scooter' at that age. Started off four wheels (he was behind with motor skills) that you could move to three and then two. He never had any problems with it.

colafrosties Tue 09-Apr-13 22:49:36

The Twist and Roll,scooter, £19.99 at Argos is great. DS has used it from age 2.5 ish and gets great speeds on it smile

DrinkFeckArseGirls Wed 10-Apr-13 20:38:11

Thanks everyone. Will have a look through all 3 options. Due to the weather (and the budget), the final decision will need to wait till next month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now