Note: This topic is for discussing toys and games. If you want to buy or sell toys or games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Which scooter for a big 4 year old beginner?

(7 Posts)
bunnybunyip Fri 12-Apr-13 08:57:05

Thanks all, we went for the maxi micro and he is doing well, although steering is taking some practice!

Ninetyninepercent Tue 05-Mar-13 10:09:56

We have the maxi micro and its well worth it. Great 3 wheelers for dc who aren't so great at balancing. But whizzy enough to be fun and for them not to outgrow them in terms of size or cool factor! My 4yo can use either his mini micro or his elder bro's maxi micro very well!

SammyJo77 Tue 05-Mar-13 10:00:00

The Ozbozz trail twister is always a good option too, my little girl has it as i didn't think she was ready for two wheels just yet!

WhereMyMilk Sat 16-Feb-13 21:28:14

My DS has just turned 4-he has had the maxi micro scooter for around a year now. Gets on great with it, though scares the baby cheese out of me as he goes so fast. Suspect give everyone a laugh as he bombs down hills with me running behind him shouting like a fishwife DS slow down! grin

noisytoys Sat 16-Feb-13 20:58:25

Maxi is brilliant the lowest height is the same height as a mini and it is very sturdy and will last years

bunnybunyip Sat 16-Feb-13 20:57:13

Bump

bunnybunyip Wed 13-Feb-13 18:33:31

Hi, DS is 4 soon and would like a scooter for his birthday. He is a beginner and not great at balance, he struggles to pedal a trike.
I was thinking of a 3 wheeler like the micro scooters but he is already over the weight limit for the mini and not sure if the maxi would be more difficult to learn to manouvre on.
Anyone have any tips? Is the weight limit there for a reason?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now