Note: This topic is for discussing toys and games. If you want to buy or sell toys or games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Lotso hugging bear 4yrs and up?!

(10 Posts)
Lucyhas Fri 16-Nov-12 23:02:08

I was just wondering if I was missing something. A cuddly bear that talks and smells of strawberries is not suitable for 3yrs and under. Does anyone know why?

Lucyhas Sat 17-Nov-12 16:14:53

Nobody?

stopthenoise Sat 17-Nov-12 19:16:45

Isn't it just a general safety thing? I'm sure most of Ds's soft toys say not suitable for under 36 months but he had them when he was younger than that. The only time I wouldn't allow them when he was younger is if they had plastic eyes or noses or any extra bits that could come loose.

MaybeAMayBaby Sat 17-Nov-12 19:20:40

My DD has it and isn't 3 until next week! In fact, I think it was given to her last Xmas. I don't remember reading 4yrs+ blush.

It has no loose parts. I suppose they eyes in theory could come off....?

ChristmasCountdown Mon 19-Nov-12 20:39:17

My understanding (from DSIL who works in this field) is that toys for 3 years plus haven't gone through the more rigorous and expensive tests you need before advertising a toy for under-3's.

Lucyhas Tue 20-Nov-12 23:31:58

Oh right, I was thinking it might be because of fur loss but I suppose if she is never left within unsupervised it should be fine??? Maybe??

clothfairy Tue 20-Nov-12 23:36:34

Apparently he's a bit of a handful. A bit bossy etc. I wouldn't put it past him to label himself as 3+

stopthenoise Wed 21-Nov-12 07:06:18

grin at clothfairy
lucyhas I wouldn't worry too much, what age is it for?

Lucyhas Wed 21-Nov-12 13:23:03

It's for pops 1st birthday. Her cousin has one and she loves him. Her cousin has had his since he was 2.

Lucyhas Wed 21-Nov-12 13:23:29

Cloth fairy - lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now