Best play kitchen?

(4 Posts)
ChristmasCountdown Sun 11-Nov-12 07:51:10

Unfortunately a lot of the play kitchens don't have any noises, though this elc one does. It's a bargain too! No idea what it's like though.

DS had a toaster that popped, a kettle that lit up and gurgled etc (from elc I think) so it's maybe worth looking for accessories like that if you struggle to find a kitchen that ticks all the boxes.

I was also going to say the idea one, but it only has buttons to light up the hob. Sturdy though...

lorisparkle Sat 10-Nov-12 23:08:51

We love our IKEA kitchen but it only fulfils half of your requirements. We have found it really sturdy and all my DS are climbers and testers-to-destruction and it has so far withstood their rough handling (DS3 loves to stand on the very top giving everybody heart failure!) Unfortunately it is very limited in the buttons/switches/lights/sounds but has got some nice sturdy doors which are often very popular!

I want to get a play kitchen for my DS (aged 3) for Xmas, has anyone got any good recommendations? His dad does all the cooking in the evenings and I think he would enjoy trying to copy him etc. I think that one with some buttons/switches/lights/sounds etc would be the best fun for him (he is autistic and loves pressing buttons, switching switches etc). It would have to be robust as he is a climber and a great tester-to-destruction of anything in any way flimsy! Anyone bought any particularly nice ones?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now