Note: This topic is for discussing toys and games. If you want to buy or sell toys or games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Too many Trikes to choose from!

(8 Posts)

I'm hoping some of you lovely mnetters will be able to help me to choose a Trike. Ds will be 9 months at Christmas so I'm after a Trike that we can use for short journeys initially but will be hard wearing enough to still be useful when he's able to pedal himself around the garden. There are so many to choose from I don't know where to start. Any recommendations?
Tia

fraggle28 Mon 08-Oct-12 10:57:27

Bump as im looking at them too! Also am i right in thinking ds will also need a helmet?

Hadn't thought about that!

Bumping again!

cowboylover Wed 10-Oct-12 23:49:32

I got the smart trike lollipop (I think!) in primary colours.

It's got the higher back and support around the seat with over the shoulder straps which hold my DD securely.

Didn't get the one with the roof as found them flimsy and awkward so if its sunny she has a hat on and I want to be able to see her clearly.

She looks comfortable and gets really excited to go on it so I didn't bother with the seat padding as they soon get expensive with the 'extras' that font improve the function in any way.

She does not wear a helmet as strapped in as safe a pushchair but when she's pedalling on her own with no straps ect she will.

cowboylover Wed 10-Oct-12 23:53:29

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004FN1AI4/ref=mp_s_a_1?pi=SL75&qid=1349909493&sr=8-1

This one without the roof! Metal frame makes it sturdy.

Thank you, that looks like the sort of thing I want. Quite a bit cheaper than some of yhey're others too. Is the canopy an extra?

cowboylover Thu 11-Oct-12 08:40:27

No it's included on that one so good value for money and they clip off.
When I bought DDs in May it was more expensive so maybe cheaper in the winter?

Gota love amazon!!

Molehillmountain Sat 13-Oct-12 16:28:01

Watching with interest as we want one for dd2. We've had several over the three dc and all I can say is that we haven't found a good one yet! The thing we're after is something with rubber/pneumatic tyres as plastic wheels over any distance drives my ears to distraction confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now