Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel sorry for the animals used for tasks in In a Celeb get me out of here?

(16 Posts)
Mumto2uk Fri 18-Nov-16 21:33:12

They all get bashed about, trodden on and I can't believe they are allowed to use live animals. Really puts me off the show! Does anyone else agree?

Lunar1 Fri 18-Nov-16 21:36:17

I thought I was the only one! Stopped watching years ago as I don't like the way the animals are treated as props.

AnyFucker Fri 18-Nov-16 21:37:10

Yes I do

It's animal cruelty

RandomDent Fri 18-Nov-16 21:37:58

It's why I won't watch it.

Girliefriendlikesflowers Fri 18-Nov-16 21:40:13

It is animal cruelty, am amazed they get away with it tbh angry I remember Chris Packam pleading with them to stop using the live animals and insects. It seems to be getting worse if anything though, the eating of live insects is a relatively new trial.

Kendrasienna Fri 18-Nov-16 21:40:30

Totally agree

idontlikealdi Fri 18-Nov-16 21:40:40

Just had that exact conversation with DH.

Twogoats Fri 18-Nov-16 21:41:28

Sadly they won't stop until a 'celebrity' is harmed by one! sad

Truckingalong Fri 18-Nov-16 21:42:17

It disgusts me. How on earth are they allowed to eat live insects. Just awful.

ageingrunner Fri 18-Nov-16 21:42:21

Yes I do. It's horrible. And wrong. I don't watch it though tbh, but I'm surprised they're allowed to do it. Is or because Australian law is different?
I do remember a very elderly woman that I used to see through work pissing herself laughing at me when I said I felt sorry for the rats. She really couldn't believe I meant it confused

MapMyMum Fri 18-Nov-16 21:43:49

Completely agree

IminaPickle Fri 18-Nov-16 21:45:46

It's astonishing. I'm pretty sure Australian RSPCA equivalent complains about it too.

SangtheSun Fri 18-Nov-16 21:46:32

Agree too. One of the reasons I can't watch Bear Grylls either.

SleepFreeZone Fri 18-Nov-16 21:49:57

I won't watch it for that reason.

Mumto2uk Fri 18-Nov-16 22:04:13

It's good to know I'm not the only one. I can't believe either they can get away with using those animals. I'm not going to watch it anymore. Was only watching it as I can't face watching Children in Need (have donated though) as it's just too sad and I'm not in the right state of mind to be able to cope watching the RL stories on there. Just too upsetting and then plays on my mind after.

CharliePurple Sun 27-Nov-16 12:54:53

I totally agree. I think that spiders are evil devil spawn but even they shouldn't be treated like that, we don't watch it because of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now