Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Oxfordshire abduction and rape

(10 Posts)
Bumbumtaloo Fri 11-Nov-16 13:46:09

Following on from the previous thread, which I assume has now disappeared.

I saw the attached article stating that the police now believe that the girl was not abducted. They have gone through CCTV and dash cam footage and from witness reports. They are continuing the investigation with regards to the rape.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-37948543

Northernlurker Fri 11-Nov-16 13:49:27

That's no surprise at all!

IAmAmy Fri 11-Nov-16 13:55:38

Northernlurker what kind of comment is that? It's not as if no teenage girls have been viciously attacked in broad daylight before is it? Plus the police are still investigating the rape which I would have thought they'd have established took place at the time.

Northernlurker Fri 11-Nov-16 15:07:56

Attacks on girls are sadly not rare no. Abductions on busy roads which nobody at all sees are very rare however. It was always an aspect of the account which strained credibility.

Gardencentregroupie Fri 11-Nov-16 15:11:08

The problem is now if the rape ever gets to court it is virtually an impossible task to prove that the victim's account is accurate, given that she's lied about a fairly major part of what happened.

SirChenjin Fri 11-Nov-16 15:13:23

Just saw this on the news - poor girl sad

IAmAmy Fri 11-Nov-16 15:17:42

I'm confused by this case now as I've been following it and was very upset by it (and still am) but I don't like the tone in which it's being reported. This is a 14 year old girl who presumably evidence shows has been raped, was extremely traumatised, which perhaps lead to blaming herself and the version of what occurred before.

Bumbumtaloo Fri 11-Nov-16 15:50:00

I cannot even begin to imagine what this poor girl and her family have gone through. My heart goes out to this poor girl, it really does.

With regards to the reporting it seems to be just very factual. I think it would be very hard for the media to report it any other way.

SirChenjin Fri 11-Nov-16 15:53:43

I agree. The BBC site does say that the police are working closely with the girl at her own pace - I really, really hope she and her family are getting the support they need.

Thisjustinno Fri 11-Nov-16 16:20:28

I really hope for her sake that she wasn't raped but if she wasn't this will be trotted out for years by all the 'girls make false rape claims all the time' brigade.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now