Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Worms and diarohhea (sorry)

(7 Posts)
Mumteedum Sun 18-Sep-16 11:17:45

Ds is 5. He had worms which discovered Friday. I gave him worm treatment Friday night. Yesterday he had no appetite and today he has diarohhea. Is this likely to be down to the worms/tablet or is it wishful thinking as I HAVE to be at work tomorrow?confused

Idefix Sun 18-Sep-16 14:31:18

These two symptoms are common with both threadworms a and the treatment.
I would watch and wait.

Mumteedum Sun 18-Sep-16 22:04:15

Thanks for reply. He's been fine since I posted. Appetite back and played happily all say, if a bit tired. Fingers crossed that it.

Mumteedum Mon 19-Sep-16 06:26:14

Spoke to soon. No school or work for us today. sad

MadAsABagOfCats Tue 27-Sep-16 10:49:06

Maybe it is the medicine's way of clearing out his system? Check the list of side effects on the medicine and see if it is included. You will need to retreat for the worms in about a week again.

WowOoo Tue 27-Sep-16 11:14:06

Also remind him about thorough hand washing and keeping fingers out of his mouth.

When my two had worms they had no upset tum after treatment. I think it could be coincidence. Will the medicine have had enough time in his system to work properly? Or I suppose it could be the medicine... Hope he gets better soon.

Mumteedum Tue 27-Sep-16 22:05:40

He's fine now. Yes have been much more vigilant about hand washing! I think it def was tablets and/or worms themselves. I think different people maybe react differently but a friend of mine has ds same age and she tells me he was same.

Guess I find out with repeat dose! confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now