Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Sodding health anxiety - swimming with v.bad molluscum is bad right??

(4 Posts)
temporarync84 Sat 17-Sep-16 21:57:11

Hello

Nc for obvious reasons. I have pretty bad (but secret apart from DH) health anxiety since having DC, worse for common things that are hard to treat (think obsessing about veruccas but not life threatening things, bloody stupid I know but I'm on sertraline and try and manage it without it affecting everyday life).

Took DD to her swimming lesson this week and one poor boy had a very bad case of molluscum, as in very large pus filled thingies all over his torso, arms and back. I recognised it as molluscum as someone at DD school had a mild case..

I've moved DD to another session (easy to do and thought it would nip any anxiety in the bud), but then I stupidly googled...nhs site says you don't have to avoid swimming but should cover the bits and not share floats, neither of which was being done in this case. So now I'm obsessing about DD getting it and having it for years and it being awful awful awful.

Bah, don't know what I want from this thread really, probably someone to tell me nicely that it's all fine...

Sorry

WingsofNylon Sun 18-Sep-16 16:58:41

It is great that you recognise that part of this is down to your anxiety. But, if what your read is true maybe just talk to the swim leader about it?

temporarync84 Sun 18-Sep-16 20:29:15

Thank you for the reply. It's hard for me to tell sometimes whether I'm being reasonable or unreasonable because of my anxiety.

Felascloak Sun 18-Sep-16 20:35:20

Well firstly she is really unlikely to catch it especially if they didn't share a float. Chlorine is in the water to kill the bugs do will kill the molluscum
Secondly if/when she does catch it it's really quite minor. Unsightly and a bit itchy/sore, but it doesn't scar and eventually goes. And once they've had it they won't get it again.
I'm sorry it's making you feel so anxious flowers What's the absolute worst thing that could happen if she'd caught mollusc um?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now