Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Embarrassed and worried about "missing" partner, hmm.

(8 Posts)
Purplebluebird Fri 16-Sep-16 14:04:38

Okay so first thing - I have severe anxiety and it affects absolutely everything in my life. Today is no different!

My other half left for work this morning, nothing unusual, good mood and so on. He isn't the best of drivers imo (not reckless, just not overly great), and have once in the past fallen asleep so we nearly crashed on the motorway. He wasn't particularly tired this morning though, so...

For the last 2 years, he has always logged on his work skype - every day without fail. He needs to be on his skype to talk to colleagues abroad, it's not just to chat to me. He hasn't logged on yet (He has to be in the office at 9am). He also didn't bring his phone in, as he forgot to charge it overnight.

Am I being completely ridiculous being worried? Got a migraine now because I'm stressing about it, though feeling calm at the same time. I'm not going to phone his work and ask for him, as it would be ridiculous if he is in fact there. I looked up road updates around 11-12am and there was nothing reported, so most likely skype is being funny and showing him as offline (has happened before), or he's working in a different department. It's just that it has never happened before.

I know it's my anxiety playing up, so please can someone just talk me back down? Asking here because I'm too embarrassed to talk to anyone who knows me about it...

Yes, in the nicest possible way you are. They're having network problems, or his computer is playing up, or he went straight into a meeting and forgot.
There are plenty of things much more likely than the scenarios you're fearing.
hope you hear soon x

Hmmnotkeen Fri 16-Sep-16 14:20:32

I've had the same thing a few times- DH didn't appear to log on to his chat at work. He was fine, but it's scary isn't it?! Does he have a work number you can try?

fruitatthebottom Fri 16-Sep-16 14:39:09

I hope you don't think I'm being rude as this is not meant to come across aggressively but why do you check when your partner is logged into Skype? Life will be very stressful if you are always checking up on people and torturing yourself by imagining all airs of terrible scenarios if things don't happen in exactly the same way everyday.. I do think you are overreacting and worrying too much. Can you do something to distract yourself until he is due home? Go out for a bit, have a walk?

Purplebluebird Fri 16-Sep-16 14:59:42

Thanks! I needed to hear that! I am not particularly checking up on him, but we always chat on skype through the day (his work is very laid back and quiet). Not in an obsessive way, it's just a nice habit we have. Obviously we don't talk if he's super busy, but he's always online talking to colleagues abroad. I don't have a work phone number for him, and since he is most likely fine, I won't bother his colleagues with it (knowing I'm being ridiculous). However - they could very well have network problems after the massive storm last night! That's a really plausible explanation. Hehe. Thanks for the comments!

Any news?

Purplebluebird Fri 16-Sep-16 19:27:51

He's home! Network had been down smile Piuh!

Unicorntrainer Fri 16-Sep-16 20:44:14

Happy ending! Yay! 💐🍷

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now