Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

HELP,!! Lush products <boak>

(10 Posts)
P1nkP0ppy Thu 15-Sep-16 15:39:40

On the recommendation of another thread I wandered into my local Lush store to look at 'Liquid Underwear' silky talc.
A very friendly assistant helped me find it and insisted on spraying a perfume on each wrist, assuming me me that 'You'll love these madam!'.
Well, I didn't and don't, their utterly rank and nauseating.
She attempted to wash them off in store when I politely said I didn't like them, but despite washing with copious amounts of soap I still stink!
Has anyone any ideas how to remove the stench? I've come home (my car bloody reeks) tried washing up liquid, Febreeze (puke!), shower gel, Persil liquid and am now getting desperate.
Short of amputating both hands is there anything elsee I can try?

ByTheNine Thu 15-Sep-16 15:41:19

Nail varnish remover - it should be a better solvent for the oils.

P1nkP0ppy Thu 15-Sep-16 15:45:43

⭐️⭐️⭐️ ByTheNine !
You are a star! Thank you so much, it's worked! The smell was making me feel sick; I now remember why I've avoided Lush all my life
💐

ByTheNine Thu 15-Sep-16 15:48:17

Hooray - nobody wants to be stalked by a weird smell!

kate33 Thu 15-Sep-16 15:56:07

She really should have asked your permission before spraying you! I thought that went out with the ark?

user1473341291 Thu 15-Sep-16 16:13:50

If the perfume is on your clothes, add a cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle in your wash it will get it off your clothes. It also makes the fabric softer!
I'm always doing it as my 4 year old is always trying to grab my perfume and lather herself with loads of the stuff lol!

P1nkP0ppy Sat 17-Sep-16 16:20:15

The car still stinks despite leaving the windows/boot open, putting a bowl of vinegar in it and driving around with all the windows open for 2 days.
I refuse to add Febreeze to the odour 😖

I seriously can't believe anyone can tolerate Lush perfume envy

Thomasthetank456 Sat 17-Sep-16 16:27:56

I did the same and tried the silky underware dusting powder it was horrible didn't buy anything confused

RB68 Sat 17-Sep-16 16:35:02

bicarb - bowl of in car and use with soap on hands/wrists

P1nkP0ppy Sat 17-Sep-16 16:41:29

Right, bicarbonate now in the car keeping my fingers crossed

Thank you RB68 ⭐️

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now