Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted.

Am I being a twat

(9 Posts)
Angeliqueinquest Mon 12-Sep-16 21:44:13

we live right next to a shopping centre, so parking during the day is a nightmare as shoppers, workers etc all park in our street so parking can be a nightmare. We have lived here a few year and have never had any problems till new neighbours who have been here 4 months moved in. Basically we have an allocated parking space each round the side of our house and the rest is for visitor parking so the plans say. One of these visitor spaces is right outside neighbours house it does look like it is his though, there's 2 outside of mine and everyone and anyone parks there which is what they are for tbh but someone parks in my allocated all the time so I sometimes park in one of these two spaces, neighbour has 2 cars one in allocated one in visitors in front of his house. Today was nipping in so parked in visitors outside of his house as someone was in my allocated and one was in one of the 2 parking spaces outside my house parked dodgy so would struggle to get daughter, son and bags out of 3 door car. I come outside and neighbours blocked me in parked right behind my car so his cars not only practically touching mine but is hanging out into the road too. He seems to have taken it up on himself to allocate himself this space, it is not his. Am I being cheeky parking outside his sometimes? This isn't the first time btw.

Fluffsnuts Tue 13-Sep-16 04:55:42

Of course you aren't. If its not his space then it's first come first served. Doesn't matter that its outside his house.

SoYouBetterRun Tue 13-Sep-16 05:16:18

He's an entitled arsehole.

SmallBee Tue 13-Sep-16 05:44:57

Nope you're fine.
I'd carry on as you are. If he gets shitty turn ask him politely to explain why, he won't be able to. He's being a dick.

SmallBee Tue 13-Sep-16 05:45:17

Turn? Then!

Angeliqueinquest Wed 14-Sep-16 13:31:09

Thanks, his behaviours getting worse tbh he keeps smirking at me when I'm in the garden and giving me sarky looks, him and her btw.over dramatically making sure he says hello to all the neighbours and exaggerates the fact that he's blanking me (which I don't mind I don't want to talk to him anyways but dunno why he goes about it like a 3 year old) he was also shouting come on over the fence at me a few weeks back god knows what for I just went back in the house he's quite intimidating. I posted a polite note asking him to stop his childish behaviour and explained about the parking but think I should maybe make a complaint to housing about him he's already complained about me once (for parking in space) dunno if it's petty or childish to complain back might look like I'm just trying to be funny?

Angeliqueinquest Sat 17-Sep-16 01:07:19

Bumping for help anyone?!

AfroPuffs Sat 17-Sep-16 01:10:29

You need to stop people parking in YOUR allocated space so you can use it. Get a traffic cone, problem solved!

Angeliqueinquest Sat 17-Sep-16 01:13:52

I know but I don't really mind them parking in my allocated, then I can park outside of mine blush difference being if someone is parked outside of mine, I don't block them in/complain to housing/ ask them to move like said neighbour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now