Juice plus diet

(10 Posts)
Lonelylass1218 Wed 17-Jun-15 21:42:42

Has anyone done this?? I am thinking of it along with exercise and diet need something to help start off with or should I do the cheaper slim fast diet

RiojaHaze Wed 17-Jun-15 21:45:29

It's a total rip off and waste of time. You're better off following a proper eating plan where you don't have to add unnatural powders to drinks which make you lose weight and then pile it all back on again plus more.

Lonelylass1218 Wed 17-Jun-15 21:46:16

I know but I want something to help me lose weight fast in the beginning then I will work at keeping it off myself

Lipgloss74 Wed 17-Jun-15 23:36:59

Avoid both, try nutra check app on your phone and eat sensibly x

healthylifeplan Sun 21-Jun-15 10:12:30

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

acatcalledjohn Sun 21-Jun-15 10:19:14

Lonelylass, don't do it. This whole concept of cleanses and juice diets is not that great for your body. You will lose weight but it will not help change your eating habits. You just lose weight by starving yourself for, say, a week at a time. 5:2 diet is better for you. Also, there are cheaper alternatives to JuicePlus. You know, ones where the price is not inflated to get numerous people up the chain their commission.

Use an app mentioned by a PP. I use MyFitnessPal which helps me track my calorie intake and excercise. It might be a slow process, but I am losing weight slowly, but more importantly I am losing inches.

Littlepumpkinpie Sun 21-Jun-15 12:08:35

Another one saying don't go there. You can loose weight by many other ways juice diet is not a way to do it though. Look at low carb track it with my fitness pal. A lot of helpful people over on the weight loss boards too good luck you can do this.

Mide7 Sun 21-Jun-15 13:03:05

I agree with pumpkin, if you want something where you'll notice changes quickly go for low carb. You should lose a fair chunk of weight quickly( it'll be water weight for the first week but you'll look slimmer.) juice plus seems like a cult to me and as soon as you criticise it you get labels as a "hater"

SaulGood Sun 21-Jun-15 13:11:20

My friend did Juice Plus and has gone from a size 22 to a size 12. However, she acknowledges herself that actually what worked was the decision she made to change her eating habits and "eating clean" which really is just another way of saying "eating normally/healthily". She is happier, healthier and looks brilliant. I would never, ever recommend it though as you simply don't need it. She stopped the Juice Plus element once it had clicked that she didn't need a fad, she just needed her commitment and she carried on steadily and healthily losing weight.

There is no such thing as losing weight 'fast' apart from starving yourself or damaging your health. It's never healthy. You can only lose a maximum of 2lbs of fat a week. 1-2lb is more realistic. Those ridiculous replacement diets just see you losing water, lean tissue etc. It's not healthy and it's not sustainable.

Littlepumpkinpie Sun 21-Jun-15 13:52:34

Plus the minute you stop that weight piles back on plus more besides in many cases. Slowly off is far healthier and more sustainable than fads dieting. You'll feel the benefits far sooner too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now